88 replies to this topic

#46 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Damn, I wish!

Hang on, I gotta go take the yacht for a spin.....

Every logo on every single flag, sign, banner, beer cup, hot dog wrapper, etc. You don't think that could go into seven figures?

#47 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Every logo on every single flag, sign, banner, beer cup, hot dog wrapper, etc. You don't think that could go into seven figures?

disposable stuff like wrappers and cups are a non-issue. worst case you throw a couple of cases away (and i doubt they'll do that) and wait for the new shipments of stuff with the new logo to come in. it's probably as simple as sending your manufacturer an email with the new image on a file.

personally i would like to see the lowest three rows directly behind the away teams' bench be handed complimentary kazoos.

#48 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Our schools are a mess.

If they can give us a Super Bowl it's money well spent.

^ I agree.....our schools are a mess, and at this point in my life I will stand up and say, that throwing more money at them will not help....at some point a kid has to want to learn, and a parent has to be a parent...sorry about the hijack...Go Panthers.

#49 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

If Richardson ever asks the city for help, and knowing him that's not going to be the case, it'll probably be for a partnership for other development projects for mutual benefit...i.e. parking (decks, new lots, etc.) because that situation is bad and will get worse when the land swap deal.

#50 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

land swap? Someones always on the wrong end

Posted Image

#51 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Always with the blankets!

#52 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

the owners are the league is the owners

That isn't how it works. And the NFL will not contribute one penny to a owner upgrading their stadium.

#53 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

That isn't how it works. And the NFL will not contribute one penny to a owner upgrading their stadium.

Wrong. The NFL is contributing $250 million or so to SF to assist with the building of their new stadium.

#54 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

disposable stuff like wrappers and cups are a non-issue. worst case you throw a couple of cases away (and i doubt they'll do that) and wait for the new shipments of stuff with the new logo to come in. it's probably as simple as sending your manufacturer an email with the new image on a file.

personally i would like to see the lowest three rows directly behind the away teams' bench be handed complimentary kazoos.

A couple of cases? Are you kidding me.

Anyone who says this change will not cost millions at the stadium has no idea how much this stuff costs.

#55 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I would think the advertisers who are wanting to market their product should probably pay for the brunt of the signage change

#56 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

I would think the advertisers who are wanting to market their product should probably pay for the brunt of the signage change

I doubt it....but you never know.

#57 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Wrong. The NFL is contributing $250 million or so to SF to assist with the building of their new stadium.

^ That is a great point. I think the NFL understands that you can't get blood from a turnip and most cities are not givng to give owners much as far as tax dollars. Having said that, I think some of the people raising hell about "not one penny of my hard earned tax dollars!" do not understand the upside of having an NFL team in Charlotte, and the revenue it generates; Hotels, bars, restaurants, parking, retail (gas for cars to get to and from games), sports merchandise- Cam jerseys- a could go on

#58 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

That's an issue I have. Like Scrum said...if it's city infrastructure and we can get Goodell to put a Super Bowl here I'll back it. The investment would pay for itself.

We can't sit around bailing out highly profitable businesses.

#59 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

A couple of cases? Are you kidding me.

Anyone who says this change will not cost millions at the stadium has no idea how much this stuff costs.

they won't throw the old stuff out, they'll use it until it's gone and then break open the new stuff.

#60 Kingpatecu

Kingpatecu

I Bleed BlacknBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

they won't throw the old stuff out, they'll use it until it's gone and then break open the new stuff.

Obviously you do not understand branding, there is no way they will use anything with the old logo next season. When a team makes a decision to change a logo name ect you can not second guess it and/or promote an outdated image.

Its a cost that they of course took into account when they made this decision and I'm sure some of the stuff may end up on a plane to Africa with all the Patriots super bowl gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com