Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Adam Kimelman Mock Draft

(4th Pick) Carolina Hurricanes Select Filip Forsberg

Filip Forsberg
Height: 6'1
Weight 176 lbs.
Shoots: Right
Position: Left Wing

Filip Forsberg (born August 13, 1994) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for Leksands IF in the Allsvenskan. Forsberg was selected by HC Sibir Novosibirsk in the 2nd round (41st overall) of the KHL Junior Draft.

Stats
Leksand J18- 38 goals, 28 assists, 66 points, 50 games
Leksand U16- 13 goals, 4 assists, 17 points, 8 games
Dalarna (Rikspucken)- 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points, 9 games
Leksand J20 (Super Elite League)- 21 goals, 19 assists, 40 points, 36 games
Sweden (2011 U18 World Junior Championship)- 4 goals, 2 assists, 6 points, 6 games (Silver Medal)
Leksand IF- 1 goal, 1 point, 10 games

Forsberg when he was a kid (only video I could find)

Mike Morreale Mock Draft

(4th Pick) Carolina Hurricanes select Mikhail Grigorenko

Mikhail Grigorenko
Height: 6'2
Weight: 183 lbs.
Shoots: Left
Position: Center

Mikhail Grigorenko (born May 16, 1994) is a Russian ice hockey player for the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL. He was selected by CSKA Moscow in the first round (8th overall) of the 2011 KHL Junior Draft.[1] He is considered one of the top prospects available in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Grigorenko represented Russia at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament where Russia finished second.

Stats
Russia (2010 World U-17 Hockey Challenge)- 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points, 6 games
CSKA-Krasnaja Armija Moskva (Minor Hockey League)- 18 goals, 22 assists, 40 points, 53 games (MHL Champions)
Russia (2010 World Junior A Challenge)- 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points, 4 games
Russia (2011 World Junior Championship)- 4 goals, 14 assists, 18 points, 7 games, (Bronze Medal)
Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)- 28 goals, 37 assists, 65 points, 43 games played

Grigorenko with the Remparts

Steve Hoffner Mock Draft

(4th Pick) Carolina Hurricanes select Alex Galchenyuk

Alex Galchenyuk
Height: 6'1
Weight: 185 lbs.
Shoots: Left
Position: Center

Alex Galchenyuk (born February 12, 1994) is an ice hockey player who is currently playing with the Sarnia Sting in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). The Sarnia Sting drafted Galchenyuk first overall in the 2010 OHL Priority Selection.

Stats
Chicago Young Americans (MWEHL) 44 goals, 43 assists, 87 points, 38 games
Sarnia Sting (OHL) 31 goals, 52 assists, 83 points, 68 games

Alex Galchenyuk highlights

#2 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

This draft is two players deep in my estimation. Yakupov and Griegorenko are the two prizes of this class. There are a few defenders like Murray and Dumba that have big time potential but we're not going defense again even if BPA situations dictate we should. If we miss out on the bottom two, which we likely will, and don't win the lottery and pick 3rd or 4th, I think JR goes Forsberg with the pick. JR notoriously has problems with Russians. I would keep an eye on Radek Faksa as a sleeper pick here too. Very strange class this one because there are ZERO North American forwards worth taking in the Top 5 picks and arguably the Top 10 picks. I can't remember the last time that happened.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

This draft is two players deep in my estimation. Yakupov and Griegorenko are the two prizes of this class. There are a few defenders like Murray and Dumba that have big time potential but we're not going defense again even if BPA situations dictate we should. If we miss out on the bottom two, which we likely will, and don't win the lottery and pick 3rd or 4th, I think JR goes Forsberg with the pick. JR notoriously has problems with Russians. I would keep an eye on Radek Faksa as a sleeper pick here too. Very strange class this one because there are ZERO North American forwards worth taking in the Top 5 picks and arguably the Top 10 picks. I can't remember the last time that happened.

You are one hundred percent correct, I think he would take a flyer on Grigorenko; or at least I hope he would if he was available but JR is not a huge fan of Russian players. I suspect that he may shop the pick around if the three players mentioned above are off the board when we pick.

#4 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hockey's future now ranks Grigorenko above Nail. I just don't want another defenseman and the top 10 is loaded with them. 6 of top 10 on hockeys future are D. Our minors really look to be stocked with very solid d's. I also don't want another center. I prefer right wing which means Nail but unless we draft at 2 and get lucky we won't get him I don't think. I just want us to get a natural wing and don't want to move a center over.

We also have Victor Rask, a center, playing for Calgary Hitmen (WHL) and he is playing great. This is his first year playing in North America, he was in Sweden last year. He currently has 46 points in 51 games. He could be in Raleigh next year. Another reason I don't want another center.

His stats...

http://whl.ca/roster/show/id/9242

Edited by Panther_mountain, 18 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com