Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tipping the Pizza guy......

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I deliver chicken wings. There is a dollar delivery fee. 40 cents for me, 60 for the boss. Its nice getting 4 or 5 orders at once that way if you scumbags dont tip i get something.

Posted

too drunk to make pizza? *pff* you need to smoke more weed.

me no smokie el wacki tobacki

Posted

In terms of frozen pizza.....

Palermo's >>>> Digiorno's

http://www.palermospizza.com/index.aspx

Like those too and Freschetta. It depends on which one is for sale this week.

Posted

you people that make frozen pizzas should just try making pizza from scratch... it's pretty freaking easy and soooo much better.

Do that too, and it's cheaper. But if you can't make a good sauce the ingredients don't matter..

Posted

fine, trader joes makes a pretty mean frozen pizza too.

Posted

Do that too, and it's cheaper. But if you can't make a good sauce the ingredients don't matter..

very true.

Posted

I asked a pizza guy this exact question when he was at my front door a few weeks ago. He said he get's half the delivery fee and Papa Johns gets the other half. Probably the same for everybody.

Posted

Dominos uses the delivery fee to cover insurance expenses... something about if you're in an accident with your own vehicle while making business deliveries for them... I'd expect it is similar at other chains... Also, their drivers are often paid less than minimum wage hourly, and they work for tips like servers... This was all told to me a while back by a friend that works for them part-time...

That said, this is often a topic of debate for wifey and I... I'm more of the thought that you should at least stick to 10-15% if not more due to gas prices, while her argument is that you should tip less because all they do is drive it to your home from the shop, and that they had no hand in making it (generally)...

Personally, if I had to go work somewhere part-time for some extra income, I think you could do pretty well for yourself as a delivery driver... Think about it... Even if you only get, say, $6 hourly wages, you could bang out 3-4 deliveries an hour on an average rate... get at least a couple bucks tip for each, and you're looking at another $6-8 an hour on average... 20 hours a week @ $13 an hour pre-tax isn't too bad for just driving around part-time... Of course, this isn't considering gas and wear-and-tear on your vehicle, but you can probably write both those off on taxes...

Posted

I never get it delivered...there are 4 pizza places within a mile of my house.

Damn where you live on a college campus

Posted

you'd better hope everyone you deliver to tips better than 10%

Posted

you'd better hope everyone you deliver to tips better than 10%

Not true. I average around 60 a night in tips and i deliver in a college town and get stiffed by 1/2 the college kids i deliver to.

Posted

Damn where you live on a college campus

Just near about 5 shopping centers.