Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonluckydog

Tipping the Pizza guy......

54 posts in this topic

I order online and send the wife to pick it up. She don't mind.

Yeah, I go 3 bucks.

I drove for Papa John's in '97 or so, got 7.50 an hour, mileage and tips. It actually paid pretty well and I loved the job. I don't tip as much now with the delivery charge added on there.

I never get delivery anymore, I never have cash, only a card.

Having the experience of driving for both a local pizzaria, and a national chain...they do not pass the delivery charge onto the driver.

It also amazed me how many cheap assholes there are.

we ordered tonight (and for breakfast/ lunch tomorrow)... bill was 26.43... signed the CC receipt for $30 even...

I cannot stand thick crust...I'm a thin crust pizza kinda gal

Palermo's is one of the best frozen pizzas. I got in a bad rut where I'd get one on Friday nights and eat the whole thing. Margerita was/is my favorite.

I worked for many years delivering pizza. Have not done it in probably 10 years, but it was decent money. I usually never counted on more than a $2.00 tip. Anything else was a bonus. We used to get $0.75 per trip for gas and car wear and tear. I would put that aside and put it right in the gas tank at the end of every shift.

I remember one night delivering in the snow, and I made over $100 in tips in less than 2 hours before they closed.

I never get it delivered...there are 4 pizza places within a mile of my house.

I hope you don't leave a tip on the receipt when you do this.

I always lol at people that leave a tip when they pick up. If I wanted to pay for a tip, I would have had you bring it to me.

I always tip $5 to the driver, even though I live within a half mile of the pizza place

man people are cheap, I learned that working as a waiter at Pizza Slut but this thread was a great reminder

I always tip well. My ex used to bitch about it. Most of the time, I round up to the nearest 10. Unless it is less than $5 or unless I have to wait a long time. Then it might be slightly less.