22 replies to this topic

#16 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Metallica? really? Show me someone who thinks Metallica is anything but a bunch of sold out over the hill rockers and Ill show you someone who never owned Kill em All on cassette.

I'm sorry but after 20 years of the fame and prosperity of being near the top of the music industry almost no one makes music with even a fraction of the soul that they did early in their career.

And people wonder why we get washed up versions of Tom Petty, Madonna, The Who, Paul McCartney, and Bruce Springsteen at the super bowl...

It's tough to witness the change in bands we all love, but it happens.

People change a lot over time. I used to be a thrash metal head, but now I like less aggressive music too, and even a few bands/artists I'd have called people pussies for listening to years ago.

It does suck when that first album is exactly the sound you want out of a band and they change, but that's just one of those things.

#17 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

It's tough to witness the change in bands we all love, but it happens.

People change a lot over time. I used to be a thrash metal head, but now I like less aggressive music too, and even a few bands/artists I'd have called people pussies for listening to years ago.

It does suck when that first album is exactly the sound you want out of a band and they change, but that's just one of those things.

Ain't that the truth! I don't call it getting older, I call it getting wiser. ;)

#18 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,562 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Depeche Mode!

#19 jb_online

jb_online

Nag, Nag, Nag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Metallica will be the best band in any genre they step into... I love their entire discography, and Kill Em All was the first album I ever bought.

#20 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Metallica 1981-current

This is live at an airport in Moscow, I believe it is the first time Metallica was allowed to tour there (September 1991). The amount of people there amazes me.
Enter Sandman from Metallica (1991)

Yep! Metallica should very definitely be on this list!!

If I'm not mistaken I think the Moscow thing was The Monsters of Rock Tour. It was an all day festival with Motley Crue, AC/DC, Queensryche and a few others. Buy yeah, it was the first time something like that was allowed in Russia.

#21 Messi

Messi

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Green Day!

#22 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER