• Kurt Busch

#2 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Don't you have to play still to be a disliked athlete?

#3 wade

wade

cop a squat, cupcakes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

I don't even understand why Plax made the list. Suh seems awfully high too. Otherwise it looks about right.

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,125 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

lol why does forbes think NASCAR drivers count as athletes

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Suh should be #3 behind Tiger. Plaxico shooting himself in the leg is nothing compared to Suh's cheaphot play and idiotic attempts to defend it.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Surprised that The Golden Calf of Bristol is not on the list.

#7 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

I don't know who Kris Humphries is and really don't care, but I am concerned that there is but one white guy on this list who doesn't run, jump, or throw and is considered an athlete.

From Merriam Webster:
"..a person who is trained in or good at sports, games, or exercises that require physical skill and strength."

So, I guess in that sense I have to consider Kurt Busch an athlete. But I'll never consider NASCAR a "sport."

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't know who Kris Humphries is and really don't care, but I am concerned that there is but one white guy on this list who doesn't run, jump, or throw and is considered an athlete.

From Merriam Webster:
"..a person who is trained in or good at sports, games, or exercises that require physical skill and strength."

So, I guess in that sense I have to consider Kurt Busch an athlete. But I'll never consider NASCAR a "sport."

I am sure NASCAR is very upset about that. :)

As Hemingway said, the only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto racing. Everything else is just a game.

#9 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I understand the hate for Vick, Suh, Bron Bron, Kobe and A-Rod. I don't follow NASCAR enough to know why they hate Busch. But why the hate for Tiger he didn't do anything to hurt anyone other than his wife he cheated on her which sucks but thousands of people do and they're not hated. Plaxico I feel bad for, you shoot yourself and you end up on the most hated list. Humphries he's just a poor sap who got taken advantage of.

#10 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

U got sports such as soccer and football and then you have blood sports where loss of life chances are much higher....I.e., auto racing, bullfighting, etc. Romans had it right about defining a sport. All of it has its place. Now golf is the oddball.....no physical exertions or loss of life chances. Golf is truly just a game

#11 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...thanks for sharing yours with us Forbes!

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

why i consider nascar drivers athletes: endurance, mental and physical stamina, and it's a competition

#13 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Race car drivers are every bit the athletes that golfers are. I'm kinda surprised they picked Kurt over Kyle though.

#14 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Race car drivers are every bit the athletes that golfers are. I'm kinda surprised they picked Kurt over Kyle though.

Same thing I was thinking... I am a Kyle fan and have been to a few races... and let me tell you, that guy is ver polarizing with very few liking him... Kurt isn't liked either but people don't really care or say as much about Kurt.

I don't know how Tiger is a top that list.... In all honesty most times tiger is on tv, people are rooting for him... they want tiger to win and get back to his old self... Now people like A-Rod, James, Kyle, Vick and TO people dislike and love to watch them fail... they are the ones really disliked ones by the fans. I will also throw brady up there.

Plaxico is a little surprising to me to because the got shot himself, did the time, and well, no one really cares about him to even dislike him.

Just my opinion.

#15 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Here's the Top 10:

• Michael Vick
  • Tiger Woods
  • Plaxico Burress
  • Ndamukong Suh
  • Kris Humphries
  • LeBron
  • Kobe
  • T.O.
  • A-Rod
  • Kurt Busch

Burress is way too high. Shouldn't even be on the list. Kurt Busch is a Class A prick who should be higher. The rest of the list looks about right. I'd put Tom Brady in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com