Photo
- - - - -

Observations on the coverage or lackthereof the Tea Parties.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

What is interesting, the "followers" are quite easy to pick out based on how and what they post in the Huddle.

http://www.mediabist...p#disqus_thread

Mr Red Eye chimes in.

http://www.dailygut....ndex.php?i=4169
So if there's one great thing we learned from today's Tea parties, it's how Anderson Cooper spends his nights off. It had happened during a conversation with talking thumb, David Gergen, who had just noted that the tea party protestors had yet to find their voice. Cooper's response: "It's hard to talk when you're teabagging."

Then good ole Morning Joe.
And like robotic lemmings, some posters here follow suit. Nice to see we have people who can think for themselves.

*an aside on this youtube vid. i have to say i agree with this comment*

Keith Olbermann is a GENIUS! He has managed to get someone to pay him 7 MILLION dollars a year to come in third in the ratings every night! SEVEN MILLION A YEAR TO FAIL...no one on Wall Street has anything on Keify!

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

THOUSANDS of people in America protest every single day and get absolutely no media coverage at all. i have marched and bled for years for things i care about without seeing a camera.

why do these people feel they are owed something by the media?

is it because they are unfamiliar with protesting, they think just because they do it once everyone has to stop and pay attention to them?

during the first year of the invasion of iraq, there were more protests and bodies on the streets in america and the world than for vietnam.

where was Fox News? where was anyone?

this is not new and it's not specific to the tea people.

Edited by rodeo, 18 April 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#3 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

I am trying to understand what the He!! tea Parties are?? Sorry i am not that into politics i just keep up with the major stuff and havent really cared lately. We are going to hell in ahand basket no matter who is in charge

#4 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

I guess they think they're different because they're white and from shitty suburbs. lol

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

hell, there were more people protesting scientology last year than these guys. yet they think they are more entitled to major media coverage than anyone else.

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

rodeo you missed the point. NOT covering a cause or a protest is one thing. Belittle one when it happens is another.
Lets say Fox News made gay innuendo jokes for a gay rights parade etc. Think civil thinking would have prevailed? No.
Again this is classic you can speak all you want as long as you agree with me or are in line with my thoughts/ideals.
Free speech is just that. Free.
Don't be a hypocrite. If you want to enjoy the luxury of marching in the streets for whatever cause, then don't resort to being some latch key kid who didn't get enough hugs and quarters for the arcade and now because he can type or edit videos he gets to go off on who he wants.
Not saying you specifically.
The lack of coverage isn't the real issue. I tossed that in as an indicator for what kind of responses it would get.
If you have no issues with the so blatant of a lack of objectivity and just bare bones professionalism then when your pet projects get waylaid in any capacity don't say a word.

#7 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Where were the teabaggers when W said Iraq was an imminent threat? Where were they when it was discovered that the Iraq war would cost more than the special Olympians on W's advisory panel discovered they missed the mark on the Iraq war by a decade and a couple hundred billion dollars? The trend that got us where we are now was obvious to most people with a set of eyes at least 5 years ago.

#8 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

It's pretty obvious that CNN and MSNBC realized who was behind the protests, it also didn't help that Fox kept responding to them. They had a retarded media war.

#9 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

If you decide to name a nationwide protest teabagging then expect to be ridiculed the same as if you name your nationwide protest blowjobbing.

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

Lets say Fox News made gay innuendo jokes for a gay rights parade etc. Think civil thinking would have prevailed? No.

look around. they do. that's life.

these people aren't being covered or treated any differently than anyone else. but like i said, because they have never taken to the streets before, they had no idea they were going to be met with ridicule. that's how ALL protests are met by the american public and the media.

before fox news covering this, when was the last time you saw a protest being covered on tv in a respectful, straight forward manner? because i don't think i ever have. the only time protests are ever ever mentioned by the media are when they have the opportunity to portray it as a riot or a joke of some kind.

#11 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

I know it's narrow minded but I don't think I can ever associate myself with conservatives after Katrina. The things I've heard from idiots like Beck, Limbaugh, and every day 'necks makes my blood boil. So hypocritical, let's drop 3trillion in Baghdad but not rebuild one of our country's gretest cities! Wasteful spending is what they called it.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

look around. they do. that's life.

these people aren't being covered or treated any differently than anyone else. but like i said, because they have never taken to the streets before, they had no idea they were going to be met with ridicule. that's how ALL protests are met by the american public and the media.

before fox news covering this, when was the last time you saw a protest being covered on tv in a respectful, straight forward manner? because i don't think i ever have. the only time protests are ever ever mentioned by the media are when they have the opportunity to portray it as a riot or a joke of some kind.

find me an MSNBC/CNN, CNBC or even the evil empire Fox making infantile, disparaging remarks of a protest. Making fun of someones sign or whether or not they work is middle of the road and safe.
Going on air and taking it to the level of what Schuster said Im baffled.
Instead of a good conversation that could open up to an adult discussion on why these folks are even to this point we get morons acting like they are 15 yrs old.

#13 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

If the Saints didn't suck so bad then both Ds and Rs would get behind rebuilding NO. Unfortunately the NO zoo is still the best thing about NO.

#14 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

nah, New Orleans has a ton more going for it than most cities of its size.

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

find me an MSNBC/CNN, CNBC or even the evil empire Fox making infantile, disparaging remarks of a protest. Making fun of someones sign or whether or not they work is middle of the road and safe.
Going on air and taking it to the level of what Schuster said Im baffled.
Instead of a good conversation that could open up to an adult discussion on why these folks are even to this point we get morons acting like they are 15 yrs old.

Schuster was doing a comedy segment on Countdown, a comedy/opinion show.

a better example would be Anderson Cooper making the jokes, because he portrays himself as a serious news reporter. i've thought since he made those jokes that it was stupid of him.

but as for your request, here. 100% peaceful protest. people walking down the street, chanting to end the war. that is a good protest.

Fox reporter walks directly into the middle, against the flow of the crowd, and talks about how "heated" and "rowdy" it is. when nobody wants to talk to him, he accuses them of not believing in freedom of speech. "do you not believe in freedom?!"

do you think that is fair coverage of their protest? to me it looks exactly like the CNN reporter that people have been complaining about. she even got shouted and sworn at like this guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.