Photo
- - - - -

Observations on the coverage or lackthereof the Tea Parties.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,265 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

more.

BARNES: These demonstrators are both morally vacuous, they're stupid, they're disingenuous.

BARNES: You know, I was struck by how uninformed and morally empty these demonstrations were.

HANNITY: I want to -- you saw the protests over the weekend. Some of the placards on display. "The unelected idiot is going to start World War III." "Bush, stop your terror." "Bush, the baby killer." "Illegally installed, immorally behaved." "Spoiled fascist cowboy." You get the idea.
(those signs sound familiar?)

HANNITY: And I there's a lot of anti-Americanism and, frankly, there are a lot of anti-Semitic statements in some of the different protests.

HANNITY: All right, take a look at the protesters carrying forth the legacy of Gandhi and Martin Luther King -- shivering in the snow as they protest the Earth's rising temperature as a foot of snow falls. Now, maybe it's just a coincidence that nearly every global warming protest occurs on the exact same day that we have a major snowstorm, or maybe the big guy up there is trying to send a message to these people. We report; we'll let you decide.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,265 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

if you're looking specifically for "infantile," that is hard because until now nobody has named their protest something like "the reach-around." but i think i've provided plenty enough disparaging covering, and i'm sure you can reasonably deduce my point.

protests of any sort simply are not covered favorably by the american media.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

really any news organization covering these events from a partial perspective is impelled to report them as the shams they are

any attempts to defend them as otherwise are either arguments made from ignorance or bad faith.

something as transparent and poorly organized as these tea bagging fiestas hurts not only public discourse but legitimate protests

both the people who took their lunch break to hold up a sign they were handed at the protest and the people defending them from their couch on the internet most likely have no experience of actual grassroots organizing or protest and are ignorant of the history of successful demonstrations.

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:24 AM

also for any of you thinking that the opinions of the red eye are those worth paying attention to, the show is run by a guy who used to be the editor of political juggernaut Maxim UK and is run at 3 AM on weekday nights.

yes, a show so stupid and banal that not even fox will put it in a slot when anyone will watch it. as someone who frequently doesn't get in until well past midnight, red eye is a televised trainwreck, and i doubt any of the hosts aren't coked out of their minds when they go on.

#20 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,047 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

Jon Stewarts take on MSNBCs coverage of the teabaggers, starts at 7:20

http://www.thedailys...de-tax-protests

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

Why would other networks cover FOX News sponsored events?

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

I know it's narrow minded but I don't think I can ever associate myself with conservatives after Katrina. The things I've heard from idiots like Beck, Limbaugh, and every day 'necks makes my blood boil. So hypocritical, let's drop 3trillion in Baghdad but not rebuild one of our country's gretest cities! Wasteful spending is what they called it.

It was wasteful spending. New Orleans is below sea level.

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

find me an MSNBC/CNN, CNBC or even the evil empire Fox making infantile, disparaging remarks of a protest. Making fun of someones sign or whether or not they work is middle of the road and safe.
Going on air and taking it to the level of what Schuster said Im baffled.
Instead of a good conversation that could open up to an adult discussion on why these folks are even to this point we get morons acting like they are 15 yrs old.

This is my take on it, pstall.

When Obama won the election, all these lefties in the media took it as a sign that America was as in love with Obama as they were. They didn't realize that half of Obama's votes were simply votes against the party that gave us this war. When the economy kept tanking, and McCain named a right wing beauty queen as his VP, that sealed the deal.

It hurts these people....literally hurts their feelings....to find out that America isn't in love with Obama. They think "damn, my country isn't as enlightened as I thought it was." And they ridicule the people who don't like seeing tax and spend in times like these as racists, Fox news sheep, etc.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

MSNBC will go the way of Air America...That channel is hate filled from it bowel. But, then, most liberals are hate filled as well...They're just too damn self-absorbed and arrogant to admit it.

Again, have to agree with the point of this thread in the way the events were covered on such a juvenile level. I mean, MSNBC and CNN were scraping the bottom for credibility to begin with, but now, WOW!!! Jon Stewart is more respected for his commentary than these gas bags.

And as for sustaining this protest process? I think it will become an annual event for sure. Atleast until our corrupt fed government gets its act together. This spending is out of control. FACT!

#25 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,125 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

also for any of you thinking that the opinions of the red eye are those worth paying attention to, the show is run by a guy who used to be the editor of political juggernaut Maxim UK and is run at 3 AM on weekday nights.

yes, a show so stupid and banal that not even fox will put it in a slot when anyone will watch it. as someone who frequently doesn't get in until well past midnight, red eye is a televised trainwreck, and i doubt any of the hosts aren't coked out of their minds when they go on.

glad you are still the oracle of what is right and correct on the internet and tv.
:smash:

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

glad you are still the oracle of what is right and correct on the internet and tv.
:smash:

How can i be an oracle? I'm not predicting anything I'm simply pointing out you appealed to the authority of a 3 AM conservative variety show.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

Conservatives and their persecution complexs...

Teabaggers complaining about the lack of media coverage are like 16 year olds getting their first check only to find they worked their ass off for next to nothing.

Welcome to this thing we call real life.

Once these teabaggers have the cops put undercover instigators in their midst just so the police can have an excuse to fire tear gas and beat the crap out of a few protestors they don't like, then come talk to me.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Conservatives and their persecution complexs...

Teabaggers complaining about the lack of media coverage are like 16 year olds getting their first check only to find they worked their ass off for next to nothing.

Welcome to this thing we call real life.

Once these teabaggers have the cops put undercover instigators in their midst just so the police can have an excuse to fire tear gas and beat the crap out of a few protestors they don't like, then come talk to me.

They had an entire news/propaganda station covering their every move how can any attendee say they were under reported with a straight face?

#29 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

You have to look at these protests in the context of the last 6 months or so.

First, the protests in England were seriously downplayed in this forum because they were a bunch of 20-something liberals, but now that it's older conservatives we're supposed to take them seriously. Lots of people were saying the G20 protests weren't focused, just a bunch of people ranting, etc. And those same comments are applicable to these teabagging protests yet aren't being said(by right wingers).

Second, the people yelling out at McCain's rallies that Obama's a terrorist, a muslim, etc seem eerily similar to those at these rallies. You can't help but put 2 and 2 together. This demographic seems to get their news from 2 places - Fox and emails that get passed around. I'm sure there are people there with legit concerns and are looking at things the right way - but you're judged by the company you keep. There's a reason why these protests didn't happen when Bush was in office and every knows it. You don't have to acknowledge it - you know it.

Third, calling these rallies tea parties is flat out ridiculous. It's a bastardization of this nations history to relate what these people are protesting to events in the late 18th century. Taxation without representation my ass. These people obviously know only what they were taught in middle school history classes. If an actual tea party like that happened today, it would be called terrorism.

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

Speaking of complexes...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com