Photo
- - - - -

Observations on the coverage or lackthereof the Tea Parties.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#25 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

also for any of you thinking that the opinions of the red eye are those worth paying attention to, the show is run by a guy who used to be the editor of political juggernaut Maxim UK and is run at 3 AM on weekday nights.

yes, a show so stupid and banal that not even fox will put it in a slot when anyone will watch it. as someone who frequently doesn't get in until well past midnight, red eye is a televised trainwreck, and i doubt any of the hosts aren't coked out of their minds when they go on.

glad you are still the oracle of what is right and correct on the internet and tv.
:smash:

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

glad you are still the oracle of what is right and correct on the internet and tv.
:smash:

How can i be an oracle? I'm not predicting anything I'm simply pointing out you appealed to the authority of a 3 AM conservative variety show.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

Conservatives and their persecution complexs...

Teabaggers complaining about the lack of media coverage are like 16 year olds getting their first check only to find they worked their ass off for next to nothing.

Welcome to this thing we call real life.

Once these teabaggers have the cops put undercover instigators in their midst just so the police can have an excuse to fire tear gas and beat the crap out of a few protestors they don't like, then come talk to me.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Conservatives and their persecution complexs...

Teabaggers complaining about the lack of media coverage are like 16 year olds getting their first check only to find they worked their ass off for next to nothing.

Welcome to this thing we call real life.

Once these teabaggers have the cops put undercover instigators in their midst just so the police can have an excuse to fire tear gas and beat the crap out of a few protestors they don't like, then come talk to me.

They had an entire news/propaganda station covering their every move how can any attendee say they were under reported with a straight face?

#29 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

You have to look at these protests in the context of the last 6 months or so.

First, the protests in England were seriously downplayed in this forum because they were a bunch of 20-something liberals, but now that it's older conservatives we're supposed to take them seriously. Lots of people were saying the G20 protests weren't focused, just a bunch of people ranting, etc. And those same comments are applicable to these teabagging protests yet aren't being said(by right wingers).

Second, the people yelling out at McCain's rallies that Obama's a terrorist, a muslim, etc seem eerily similar to those at these rallies. You can't help but put 2 and 2 together. This demographic seems to get their news from 2 places - Fox and emails that get passed around. I'm sure there are people there with legit concerns and are looking at things the right way - but you're judged by the company you keep. There's a reason why these protests didn't happen when Bush was in office and every knows it. You don't have to acknowledge it - you know it.

Third, calling these rallies tea parties is flat out ridiculous. It's a bastardization of this nations history to relate what these people are protesting to events in the late 18th century. Taxation without representation my ass. These people obviously know only what they were taught in middle school history classes. If an actual tea party like that happened today, it would be called terrorism.

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

Speaking of complexes...

#31 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Excellent rebuttal. I look forward to hearing more of your insightful opinion.

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

It's like there is anger on the left that people would do this. Let me remind you...

1. No one got hurt
2. Nothing was destroyed, except maybe the reputation of some reporters on the left

It was just some people letting off steam. They don't like the direction this country is now headed and they said so.

#33 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

You could also say the g20 protests were just people letting off steam. It was a very small percentage of people getting violent(and considering a larger group not spread out, younger more energetic crowd, police presence in riot gear, etc), but that's beside the point. The point is that this board immediately downplayed the g20 protest as 'just a bunch of liberal nutjobs'. But when people downplay these tea party protests as 'just a bunch of right-wing nutjobs', everyone is up in arms starting multiple threads to try and convince everyone that it's a bi-partisan, grassroots protest.

It's 2 very similar events that were looked at in completely different ways. I don't think it's anger from the left on these protests happening, it's anger on how obvious prejudice was applied.

Just for the record, I think both were equally stupid, unproductive and too vague. If you're going to protest something make it targeted and practical.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:54 PM

You could also say the g20 protests were just people letting off steam. It was a very small percentage of people getting violent(and considering a larger group not spread out, younger more energetic crowd, police presence in riot gear, etc), but that's beside the point. The point is that this board immediately downplayed the g20 protest as 'just a bunch of liberal nutjobs'. But when people downplay these tea party protests as 'just a bunch of right-wing nutjobs', everyone is up in arms starting multiple threads to try and convince everyone that it's a bi-partisan, grassroots protest.

It's 2 very similar events that were looked at in completely different ways. I don't think it's anger from the left on these protests happening, it's anger on how obvious prejudice was applied.

Just for the record, I think both were equally stupid, unproductive and too vague. If you're going to protest something make it targeted and practical.

For the record, I questioned the g20 protests because I didn't know what they were protesting. I still don't understand getting violent over it.

Again, the "tea parties" were simply people letting off steam. And the left couldn't even let them do that.

#35 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

Unless the thread title was totally different i couldnt find much on the g20.

Yes, both sides do downplay or look the other way depending on the topic.
Not earth shattering news. I have said it alot, what baffles me more than anything else is really how low brow those in the media who may not have liked the tea party, which is totally cool, to stoop to the level of discrediting that they did. From the Daily Show or Late Night shows I expect that and get it.
From news? Strange.

#36 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

Banned

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

It was wasteful spending. New Orleans is below sea level.

Irrelevant if the wetlands are restored along with strong levees.

the dutch have made it work, can the U.S not do the same? or are you admitting the U.S is inferior to the Dutch?