• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

At least you get a rematch in what...a month?

We lost the same exact way to Indiana and have to live with those stupid redneck fans for a whole year.

I bet Rivers goes 5-for-25 at Cameron when you two play. Can't for the life of me figure out how a top level program like Duke can have zero inside game. At least during the stretches of the game I was watching. Go up strong and make Zeller foul you. If you draw fouls on shot blockers it totally frustrates them.

#2 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

The kid plays the game of his life! He got hot one night. We get to see dook at least one other time. Maybe if Roy will teach a little perimeter defense before then.

I hope this loss really leaves a bad taste in unc's mouth, perhaps they will learn from it, and develop that sense of urgency, that killer instinct.

I don't fault Zeller one bit. He played a great game. Heel fans, let the dookies enjoy their win, they still have to play us again, and next time they might not be so lucky....yep, luck

#3 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Got hot one night?

Do you not realize Austin Rivers was the #1 High School player coming into this year?

And you guys thought Kyrie Irving was good...

Just wait....Austin is a *special* talent

He's like a mix of JJ and Kyrie

Edited by panthersphan, 09 February 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#4 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Got hot one night?

Do you not realize Austin Rivers was the #1 High School player coming into this year?

And you guys thought Kyrie Irving was good...

Just wait....Austin is a *special* talent

He's like a mix of JJ and Kyrie

So he'll be at Duke for, what, 2 years?

#5 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

I thought the FSU game was the wake up call. Sounds like UNC keeps hitting the snooze button lol

#6 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

i thought the fsu game was the wake up call. Sounds like unc keeps hitting the snooze button lol

55<74

#7 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

#8 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

No one on the Heels is the emotional leader. The team acts the same if they are up 10 or down 10, if they are home or away, or if the opposition is very good or marginal. Roy thinks the players should know how to play and that all the coaching is done in practice so the team should execute on game day.

#9 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

So he'll be at Duke for, what, 2 years?

So? Alot of the better programs have one-and-dones and underclassmen leaving. UK has a new starting five of 18 yr olds every year.

#10 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

So? Alot of the better programs have one-and-dones and underclassmen leaving. UK has a new starting five of 18 yr olds every year.

Where did I say there was anything wrong with it? Just pointing out that Coach K's stance of recruiting 4 year student athletes is quickly withering away...

#11 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yes, he did get hot for one night. He has been rather underwhelming all season. He went off last night. Hats off to him. But a perfect storm of negative things by UNC and positive things by Duke in the last 3 minutes set it up. Plain and simple. K said it himself after the game, he thinks UNC is the best team in the ACC and they had to claw to even stay in it.

You're right, UNC has no killer instinct and no emotional leader. Unless that happens they won't make it past the elite 8 again. Kentucky has it and has equal talent. Duke has it, but a bit less talent. UNC better find it.

#12 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

No one on the Heels is the emotional leader. The team acts the same if they are up 10 or down 10, if they are home or away, or if the opposition is very good or marginal. Roy thinks the players should know how to play and that all the coaching is done in practice so the team should execute on game day.

yeah UNC need another Hansbrough.

#13 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,974 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Like I have said so many times. I could care less about certain losses or rankings. All that matters to me is the NCAA tourny.

#14 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,974 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

yeah UNC need another Hansbrough.

We were spoiled there for a while with May and then Hansbrough. Ever since I have been praying we could get that time of player with that type of heart and emotion that acted like that actually cared. Just went all out every play of every game. We need players like that again.

#15 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

We were spoiled there for a while with May and then Hansbrough. Ever since I have been praying we could get that time of player with that type of heart and emotion that acted like that actually cared. Just went all out every play of every game. We need players like that again.

yeah i grew a real big crush for psycho T, and he is still psycho in the NBA, he might of mellowed a itty bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.