60 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

If this guy were a service veteran, I would be more sympathetic to his case. However, we all make choices throughout our lives. Much of the time life isn't fair. Thing is, those of us that opted to be adults and grow up decided to face that fact long ago.

The rest of us are still holding our hands out and decrying how unfair our lives are, while children in Bosnia still have to watch their steps when they hope to scrape out some food for the day. We should all have as hard a life as HoF football players....

Cry me a fuggin river Fiz

So... What the fvck are you talking about?

#32 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,325 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

I think these days you also choose to be in the military.

#33 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

I think these days you also choose to be in the military.

And yet, you rarely hear them talking like this guy (if ever)

#34 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Edited by twylyght, 10 February 2012 - 09:23 AM.
double post

#35 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

I can see the guys suing the plants and factories that they once worked for that were lined in asbestos and had no ventilation because most factory workers had no clue but most biz owners were made aware of the risk. So when the guy comes on late night cable and says "Hi I'm Jake and I have mesothelioma and So-n-So & associates helped me get paid" I don't get nearly as bothered as I do about this crap.

You played football all your life crashing into people at full speed who, like you, were taped from head to toe just to hold their extremities attached. You bled, broke bones, took pills, shot God knows what just to make yourself think you could go back out and do it again. You swilled booze, chased hookers, and kept the diet of a billy goat. There is no way in hell you did not know what you were doing to your body. You don't need Doctor Oz and Sports Science to tell you that you hurt. This was a conscious decision. WTF did you think was going to happen?

#36 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I can see the guys suing the plants and factories that they once worked for that were lined in asbestos and had no ventilation because most factory workers had no clue but most biz owners were made aware of the risk. So when the guy comes on late night cable and says "Hi I'm Jake and I have mesothelioma and So-n-So & associates helped me get paid" I don't get nearly as bothered as I do about this crap.

You played football all your life crashing into people at full speed who, like you, were taped from head to toe just to hold their extremities attached. You bled, broke bones, took pills, shot God knows what just to make yourself think you could go back out and do it again. You swilled booze, chased hookers, and kept the diet of a billy goat. There is no way in hell you did not know what you were doing to your body. You don't need Doctor Oz and Sports Science to tell you that you hurt. This was a conscious decision. WTF did you think was going to happen?

You knew that repetitive concussions were a serious long-term health problem for NFL players back in the day? Why didnt you tell anyone?

#37 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

You knew that repetitive concussions were a serious long-term health problem for NFL players back in the day? Why didnt you tell anyone?

I knew that crashing into people full speed with my head was not smart, blood from the ear was not good, and constant ringing in the ear or blurry vision was not preferred.

I know these guys aren't typically MENSA candidates but I'm not buying that they did not have the common sense capacity for self preservation

#38 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

He also walked away from the NFL because he didn't feel like he was being paid enough, then got lucky flipping burgers.

success is never by chance or luck..

#39 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

JR "got lucky flipping burgers"

well I guess that's one way to put it.

If yer a fvckn moron still waiting to experience some level of success by way of luck or some random cosmic event.

#40 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

I knew that crashing into people full speed with my head was not smart, blood from the ear was not good, and constant ringing in the ear or blurry vision was not preferred.

I know these guys aren't typically MENSA candidates but I'm not buying that they did not have the common sense capacity for self preservation

I know that McDonalds is bad for me, yet I still go eat there if I got 2 bucks and I'm hungry. There is a difference between "its bad for me" and "this will seriously affect my quality of life in 20 years"

If you can show me any evidence from before 1990 that concussions had serious long term consequences than I would agree with you, but I dont know anyone who thought it was really a problem back then

#41 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

success is never by chance or luck..

what a silly statement. a large part of life is luck and any great achievement had a huge amount of luck involved.

#42 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I know that McDonalds is bad for me, yet I still go eat there if I got 2 bucks and I'm hungry. There is a difference between "its bad for me" and "this will seriously affect my quality of life in 20 years"

If you can show me any evidence from before 1990 that concussions had serious long term consequences than I would agree with you, but I dont know anyone who thought it was really a problem back then

evidence, hmm

bleeding from ears is not natural
tinnitus is not natural
blurry vision is not natural
chronic headache is not natural
regaining consciousness by someone snapping a capsule of ammonia in your face is ..NOT NATURAL.

these things being associated with playing a violent sport, a sport that everyone knows is violent, makes it hard to ignore.

building an exoskeleton out of athletic tape around a hobbled ankle or knee just so you can go out there and do a job is not common among most vocations.

Taking a hand full of pills for pain, injections for mobility, and ice baths to reduce swelling is not how most people spend their evening after a shift at the plant.

Just because someone calls it a concussion now instead of a blow to the head then makes no difference at all.

They knew what they were doing to their bodies and most would not change a second of their experience. Go somewhere else with that bleeding heart "new evidence suggests" bullsh-t dude. We all feel bad but let's not wander around completely ignorant of the facts.

#43 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

what a silly statement. a large part of life is luck and any great achievement had a huge amount of luck involved.

Ok so I guess that is why there are waiting lists for infant day care at some schools, extracurricular activity profiles for pre-schoolers, a plethora of degrees and diplomas that could cost a person upwards of half a million dollars in education instead of moms crying as dad pats elroy on the back after HS graduation and says "GOOD LUCK".

If yo think its luck, that's your first excuse.

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Ok so I guess that is why there are waiting lists for infant day care at some schools, extracurricular activity profiles for pre-schoolers, a plethora of degrees and diplomas that could cost a person upwards of half a million dollars in education instead of moms crying as dad pats elroy on the back after HS graduation and says "GOOD LUCK".

If yo think its luck, that's your first excuse.

lol. being born to parents who emphasize education and success in a wealthy country is your first lucky break.

having your parents put you on waiting lists for good schools and being able to pay for those schools or move to areas where you can go to them is your second.

Those two things are huge... and that's before you're even 3 years old. What have you done to deserve such great things at 3? you been working overtime? putting in longer hours than the rest of the kids in pre k? do you want it more than them?

if you think that's not luck you're an asshole. and that's just the beginning.

#45 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

lol. being born to parents who emphasize education and success in a wealthy country is your first lucky break.

having your parents put you on waiting lists for good schools and being able to pay for those schools or move to areas where you can go to them is your second.

Those two things are huge... and that's before you're even 3 years old. What have you done to deserve such great things at 3? you been working overtime? putting in longer hours than the rest of the kids in pre k? do you want it more than them?

if you think that's not luck you're an asshole. and that's just the beginning.

It's not luck. I wasn't given that. And the only reason it exists is because dumb ass people who wait around on luck and never get it, struggle their ass off to start their kids off like this in hopes to instill the hard work ethic early on because they realized they were wrong as hell about "luck" during their life or don't want to leave their kids chances up to the "lucky sun" that never shined on their own asses.

Is a person lucky for having parents that weren't but were still smart enough to instill different values in them as a child.... maybe. But that is a different story altogether and has nothing to do with what decisions you have in front of you from as early as middle school on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com