jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

So did Steve Smith. Your point is?

Hmm maybe because Smith was already a proven player in the league at the time he did that? Burfict's personal fouls and penalties have cost Arizona games.

#32 DT3428

DT3428

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

He is a great prospect and with the right coaching staff he might be able to focus himself.

Watching Arizona ST. Games, he was the one guy on defense to look out for. I don't think he would have a problem athletically switching to OLB.

I love his passion and his smash mouth football attitude. Would love to see him a Panther but at the #8 pick I am not so sure. I think we have bigger needs and might be able to address those needs at that pick.

Edited by DT3428, 12 February 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#33 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

he could play OLB, and teams picked on him because the knew he would do something back and get caught. even in the bowl game, Boise St kept going after him after the whistle and running their mouths to him. as soon as he said something back, he got a unsportsman like flag on him, when in the replay you seen the OL jawing at him. not saying he doesnt needs to be put into check and realize its about the team if we had a later first round pick i wouldnt mind it. he will not be a problem with RR running this team.

and 3rd downs he used to line up at OLB at times and rush the passer.

Edited by DaCityKats, 12 February 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#34 The Saw

The Saw

Also a Panther fan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

This guy is gonna bust big time.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Its fuggin stupid when you post your opinion and some people on here act like their on a pedestal compared to some other posters. None of yall are any bigger of a Panthers fan than me.

My bad I don't have time to get thousands of posts on here but that sure dont make me any less of a Panthers fan

Posted Image

#36 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Don't worry. Seems like 80% of the people on here think they are professional scouts that spend months studying these guys. When in actuality, most of them haven't even seen youtube videos on them. Or watching youtube is all they know about them. Just ignore all the know-it-alls on here. Not worth reacting to.

so is this all you've got since you can't make a good argument against drafting brockers?

#37 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

Maybe it's just me but I've not seen Smith earn many personal foul penalties at all, nor have I see him repeatedly and openly clash with coaches on the sidelines. It does happen once in a while for him, as with any player with the kind of passion he has for the game, but I never feel like he is undisciplined when he is on the field.

It's one thing to have "anger issues," it's another to let those anger issues cost your team during games...

All that being said, I didn't recall Smith having anything even CLOSE to this kinda poo when he was coming out of college, but maybe that's because he was never considered a first round prospect, I dunno.

Steve Smith early in his career had several personal foul penalties to the point that John Fox threatened to bench him after it cost us a game at one point.

It was a while ago but I think it happened after this game.

After Miller's TD in the final period, Carolina moved to Houston's 31 on its next possession.

But the drive stalled when receiver Steve Smith, who earlier scored the Panthers' touchdown, kicked defensive tackle Jerry Deloach after a catch and was flagged for a 15-yard personal foul. Carolina punted and never threatened again.

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=231102034

Edited by teeray, 12 February 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#38 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just watched some highlights.

I want him.

#39 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,344 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Steve Smith early in his career had several personal foul penalties to the point that John Fox threatened to bench him after it cost us a game at one point.

It was a while ago but I think it happened after this game.

The thing is, he wasn't fighting with team mates and coaches constantly, he wasn't disregarding them completely. He has always gotten the occasional personal foul but I don't think it was ever as bad as what people are saying about Burfict.

It's also possible Burfict isn't as bad as people are saying.

Edited by mav1234, 12 February 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#40 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

The thing is, he wasn't fighting with team mates and coaches constantly, he wasn't disregarding them completely. He has always gotten the occasional personal foul but I don't think it was ever as bad as what people are saying about Burfict.

It's also possible Burfict isn't as bad as people are saying.

Don't you dare bring logic into here!

#41 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

We need some aggressive guys on def, remember what JR asked Cam about Suh? cam said we need guys like that on our team.

#42 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

i want want i want

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

#44 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

That is the one I watched. The only one I need to watch, really.

#45 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Burfict has one of the worst attitudes i've ever seen in an athlete. I'd hate to be the team that pays him millions of dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.