Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC/SC Stateline Changing

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Could you explain how you came up with this?

1. Charleston

2. Hilton Head Island

3. Edisto Island

4. Beaufort

5. Myrtle Beach

6. Georgetown

(if you even wanted to break down the towns I could list Kiawah Island, Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, Sulivans Island, Fripp Island, Pawleys Island, Seabrook Island, etc...)

your move...

Posted

LOL...how conveinent.

Professional baseball in the Carolinas is what the WNBA is to the world...

Posted

Professional baseball in the Carolinas is what the WNBA is to the world...

Oh that makes sense now. It's only a major professional sport if NC has it, thus they will always have all of the major sports.

Wonder if the David Stern is aware of the consenquences of the Bobcats not turning things around soon?

Posted

NC people like to bash SC, but hotsauce is right... they're about the same.

maybe eastern NC is...

:leaving:

Posted

1. Charleston

2. Hilton Head Island

3. Edisto Island

4. Beaufort

5. Myrtle Beach

6. Georgetown

(if you even wanted to break down the towns I could list Kiawah Island, Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, Sulivans Island, Fripp Island, Pawleys Island, Seabrook Island, etc...)

your move...

I was asking what makes them better?

Posted

NC BBQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other styles of BBQ >>>>>> SC BBQ

therefore

NC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SC

Posted

SC to darn flat and to many pine trees.

Posted

Im a North Carolinian and I've always loved SC. I would be down to make it one state again.

Posted

i agree with hotsauce on beach towns. we have a free place in wilmington and wrightsville and i would prefer to pay money to go to Charleston or even Myrtle. It feels like a beach in SC where in NC I feel like I'm trying to summer somewhere when I just want to have fun.

Posted

We should just be one big happy state. We could be called Super Carolina.

1 person likes this

Posted

maybe eastern NC is...

:leaving:

Charlotte snobs... :p

Posted

SC absolutely has better beach towns. Charleston kicks the poo out of any town in NC.

Overall though, it's not really close. NC has quite a bit more opportunity than SC. The NC work force is more attractive to businesses (which believe it or not is often more important than the tax rate), the overall school system is better, the public university system is cheaper and vastly superior, the infrastructure is better, among other things.

If you remove the counties in SC that feed off of Charlotte, the differences would be even more dramatic.

NC has very distinct economic areas all across the state with 2 that are national economic centers (Raleigh, Charlotte) and 4 others that are regional economic centers (Greensboro, Winston, Asheville, and Wilmington).

SC obviously has cheaper taxes and cheaper gas, but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see Charlotte implement a local tax for people that do not live within the city limits or Mecklenburg county that will erase that benefit of living in SC.