Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real Emotional Trash

Panthers can clear $1 million in cap by letting Clausen go

92 posts in this topic

They'll probably hang onto him until training camp at least, and try to get a low or conditional pick for him. Low risk high reward for a team with a sudden desperation at the quarterback position.

Philly, there's desperation and then there's trading for Jimmy Clausen. I don't even know what you would call the latter. I think we may need to create a new word for that kinda situation.

I don't think many believe it to be possible. But why would anyone trade for him, knowing he is probably going to be released.

Only team that maaaaaaaybe would do it is the Seahawks. But even then, I doubt it.

He will be cut.

He will get one more shot though.

He'll get cut. We don't need to carry 3 QBs anyway. We could use the extra roster spot for someone else that can actually be useful. If it does come down to the 3rd stringer, our season is screwed anyway and we could pick up someone off the street that's 100 times better than Jimmy.

I don't think many believe it to be possible. But why would anyone trade for him, knowing he is probably going to be released.

Only team that maaaaaaaybe would do it is the Seahawks. But even then, I doubt it.

He will be cut.

He will get one more shot though.

Raiders are the only team I could come up with.

I could see someone like Washington picking him up, if they don't get peyton manning. He is certainly no worse than any of the Redskins QB's. Not sure if they would trade us anything for him though.

And then he goes and destroys with another team.

Moot point. The Raiders are still super retarded.

From better sources than Wikipedia:

The Carson Palmer trade was made on October 18th

(http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/espn-former-bengals-qb-carson-palmer-will-be-traded-to-raiders/1)

Al Davis died October 9th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7074380/oakland-raiders-owner-al-davis-dies-82

I would have cut him for nothing, but this seals the deal... bye Jimmy!

Does cutting him really save us a lot of money when they would likely have to sign another QB? No way do the Panthers go into the season with just 2 qbs.

Would still save us at least half a million by bringing some other guy in. But if we lost Newton for the season, it'd all be a hopeless cause anyway so why worry about more than 2 QBs?