Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real Emotional Trash

Panthers can clear $1 million in cap by letting Clausen go

92 posts in this topic

Will Hurney actually admit failure 2 years in to Claussen being our 1st pick and Armanti being our 3rd pick in the 2010 draft? I doubt it.

He already had to admit to his Everett Brown failure and is looking straight in the face of Otah being a waste as well.

I think Jimmy gets too much hate. He was in a terrible situation his rookie year. He has handled everything with class. He is not as good as fans hoped, but not as bad as most fans think, I think.

Whether or not he is a Panther next season....I will trust Rivera and Chud and Shula to decide that. Either way....I am not going to hate on the guy.

2 people like this

They'll probably cut him March 12th.

I think Jimmy gets too much hate. He was in a terrible situation his rookie year. He has handled everything with class. He is not as good as fans hoped, but not as bad as most fans think, I think.

Whether or not he is a Panther next season....I will trust Rivera and Chud and Shula to decide that. Either way....I am not going to hate on the guy.

No problem. I'll hate him for you.

It's the 2010 season...he shouldn't have ever seen the field, but that's what happened. Lots of hard feelings sprang from that year. Jerry Richardson didn't even get out of that year unscathed. Unfortunate that the whole Fox, Clausen, and overall belt-tightening happened, but it did and Clausen isn't ever going to get much enthusiasm around here on any level.

Glad that's in the rear view mirror, and I wish it played out a little differently, but I think the long term health of the franchise was the driving factor....I hope Jimmy can get a shot somewhere. It just doesn't seem to be the right situation here.

Don't forget we still have Tony Pike.....not that it's a huge plus, just another factor.

Don't forget we still have Tony Pike....
:confused::confused::confused:

It was nice knowing ya Clausen.

no we don't
I thought he was an IR deal...it was in fact an injury settlement...oops

Clausen didn't even dress for the majority of the season, that tells you where he stands with this coaching staff.

I still think Clausen could be developed into a serviceable QB, but we need the cap space and all our efforts are focused on developing Cam. If we're going to carry a 3rd QB on the roster, we need to find someone that can run the option... I'm fine with keeping DA around to continue to help Cam learn Chud's offense and to be the veteran presence Cam needs, but the 3rd guy should be a guy that can run the option.

It's not sad to see him go.

He's the worst QB we've ever had in this Franchise's history and one of the worst QBs I've ever seen at the Pro Level.

He is the product of the most successful marketing campaign I can ever remember.

so far the best argument i have seen for keeping him is out of pity.