Photo
- - - - -

Can the Blue Jays keep up in the AL East?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

"And....the next day the White Sox returned the favor with a pounding.
And the rubber game went to your jays. Congrats. 4-3. a tight one versus the ageless wonder Contreras. And I don't even LIKE the White Sox!"

We won the series...6th straight might I add. Rolen came through in the 8th with a clutch (game winning) RBI...good teams win close games....Oh and YOU DON'T LIKE THE ChiSox?!?! I couldn't tell by your avatar :P

And our original starter (Ricky Romero) was sidelined due to a minor injury. We literally called up a kid from AAA the night before, and he had ONE bad inning...though I wasn't impressed w/ his stuff, but he won't be on the jays this year...baring injuries...

Oh and bubbadawg - Jays > Pirates, for and looooooong time now :D

Though, I have a bad feeling about this 4-game series w/ the Royals...I think KC may take 3/4

17+89=6 - Nice post, though I feel Doc is going to get screwed again due to the emergence of another AL Central pitcher, last year was Cliff Lee and his 22-3 record this year it's looking like Zack Grienke, who is en fuego...and Yes, the bats WILL cool off, and that's when the pitching is going to need to step up...

FYI - Jays are 65-43 under Cito since last June...that is NO fluke...

Edited by panthersphan, 27 April 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#17 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Grienke has definitely been stellar thus far. But I have a feeling he will fall off. I just think the Doc will be another 20 game winner, and I dont think Grienke will. At least I hope not. I'd hate to watch the best pitcher in baseball have back to back 20 win seasons without a Cy.

#18 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

8-1 win over the Royals tonight

Jays are the only team in the bigs w/o consecutive loses all year....

Blue Jays record as of April 28: 15-7

#19 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

They are looking fantastic. I love winning with our bats and the bullpen. Man I really hope we can keep this up.

#20 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

And Grienke is going tonight against our boys. Let's help out Doc's Cy Young candidacy and tear him up for 7+.

#21 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

It would be very nice to see us be the team to cool him off a bit...

17+89=6 , Are you from Toronto, why the Jays? And you know I have to ask, why not the Leafs?

#22 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

It would be very nice to see us be the team to cool him off a bit...

17+89=6 , Are you from Toronto, why the Jays? And you know I have to ask, why not the Leafs?

Actually I am not from Toronto. My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Toronto, and being as NC doesn't have a baseball team I adopted the Jays. The very first Major League game I went to was at SkyDome, now Rogers Centre.

My Aunt and Uncle moved out of Toronto to L.A. for my Uncles job in 2007, but we still make at least one trip a year to go watch the Jays play. And not the Leafs because my dedication has been to the Carolina Hurricanes who are my home team. So there ya go, wierd story, but thats why I love the Jays. And sad I rarely get to see them play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com