Photo
- - - - -

Panthers A Sleeping Giant (Article)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Dont really get saying they will now have tape(game planning) on Cam. Thats what all the trolls said after his first couple of starts about the rest of the season. Fact is you cant stop greatness. There are years of tape on Peyton, Brady, Brees etc... and yet they continue to torch defenses. Best any team can do is hope to contain him, the DWill and JStew will burn them. Just sayin.....

this sounds a bit homerish, but considering what we saw last year from cam and the rest of the offense, i think there's a lot of truth to it. much more likely that this is the case than cam and the offense taking a significant step backward.

#38 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Dont really get saying they will now have tape(game planning) on Cam. Thats what all the trolls said after his first couple of starts about the rest of the season. Fact is you cant stop greatness. There are years of tape on Peyton, Brady, Brees etc... and yet they continue to torch defenses. Best any team can do is hope to contain him, the DWill and JStew will burn them. Just sayin.....

No, you can stop Brady, etc......it is just very difficult to do.

There will eventually be a Cam blueprint regardless of how he develops.......few teams probably will have the bodies to implement it though.

#39 ScottInStanley

ScottInStanley

Shivagit

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Not being a homer, just saying if Cam becomes an elite QB, which i think we all believe he can be, then even the best game plan will only be able to contain him and open it up for our other players to have big games. But if our defense cant stop anyone and we cant hit clutch FGs it wont matter anyway

#40 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Top 5 ranked NFL defense in 2012? Isn't that what you usually need to guarantee that you make it to the playoffs? This article should have spent more time explaining how it's possible to go from #28 to #5 defense in one season rather than explaining how likely it is that we go to the NFC Championship game.

This article may be something I fap to on a rainy night, but if I wanna be a realist, this article is a mess.

Edited by megadeth078, 14 February 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#41 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

There will eventually be a Cam blueprint regardless of how he develops.......few teams probably will have the bodies to implement it though.

It's like us turning TD into our Vick neutralizer. Watch NFC South teams start drafting linebackers whose sole job it is to spy Cam.

#42 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

It's like us turning TD into our Vick neutralizer. Watch NFC South teams start drafting linebackers whose sole job it is to spy Cam.

That worked out awesome for us...

#43 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

That worked out awesome for us...

it actually did work. maybe not right away, but it worked and others started doing the same thing.

it's harder to do with cam, though, because he's a much better and prolific passer and does better in the pocket. you take one guy out of coverage or away from the box and you're going to get burned by this offense.

cam isn't the one dimensional player vick was in atlanta.

#44 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

as a western Canadian, I don't see many Panther games, but from an outsider looking in, y'all have most of your eggs in one basket named Cam Newton. How Cam goes, the Panthers go. He'll be a handful to keep healthy though the way he plays.

#45 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

as a western Canadian, I don't see many Panther games, but from an outsider looking in, y'all have most of your eggs in one basket named Cam Newton. How Cam goes, the Panthers go. He'll be a handful to keep healthy though the way he plays.

kind of like any team that has a top notch QB?

#46 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

AFC was VERY weak this year. I do think the Giants were the best team because of what they did on both sides of the ball in the playoffs. What you do in the regular season is meaningless once you get in the door.

That said... 3,000 yards? Little more than bold.