Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh, Manny!!

13 posts in this topic

Posted

My hard feelings come from knowing that he was still a very good player who laid down, quitting on his team and then pulled antics to force the trade all while whining to anyone with a microphone about how bad he was being treated. Yeah, sure, Manny. He went from being one of my favorite Red Sox players to pretty much the most despised...even more than Damon, Clemens or Boggs.

As far as helping to win the 2 championships, yep, he sure did and I was a cheerleader for him the whole time right up until he turned his back on the team. No amount of rings offsets that...at least not to me.

I'm not going to apologize for feeling that way even though I know there are plenty of people on this board who would take Satan himself on their team as long as he hit home runs or scored touchdowns.

I see where your coming from, but like I said for me, him helping us win those two rings goes a long way with me, so my attitude was more of, thanks for the memories Manny, and sorry things didn't work out better.

I guess you could say it's like a divorce some are pleasant and some are extremely bitter, and you could say that for me with Manny it was a pleasant one.