#331 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

He's now shooting 56% this season and scoring 27 ppg, as well as averaging 8.1 rpg and 6.9 apg. Just wow.

LeBron is also shooting 42% from 3 point range. His team is a few games a top the eastern conference. I'd say his 4th MVP is a shoe in at this point. Someone has to prove they are more valuable than him.

#332 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Lebron is definately at the peak of his career.
Regular Season MVP,HOF, blah, blah, blah
Only thing that matters now is multiples of Championships.
He said he would have them when he came to Miami.
Anything less than 4 titles is failure.

#333 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

The way Lebron is playing right now is unfair. If he keeps this up through the playoffs he will cruise to a second title. Not to mention more awards to go with the ring.

#334 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

In 2013, LeBron sweeps Kobe (including a 39 point, 8 assist performance in his house) and sweeps Durant (including a 39 point, 12 rebound, 7 assist performance in his house). Seems it was just a short time ago dudes were proclaiming both were better and had more 'killer instinct' than James. The Heat have beat OKC 6 straight times including the Finals, and LeBron has won 13 of his last 15 matchups with the Lakers.

#335 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

He aight

#336 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Kobe Bryant. 34 years old, 17 seasons. Just made this guy in his prime forever humbled...

So damn awesome to see Kobe handle LBJ so easily. Force him left like MJ said dude can't do anything... I honestly think leBron was scared as hell those last 5 minutes Kobe was breaking him down.

Even today I don't think LeBron would come close to Kobe 1 on 1...

& hey MJ you were right BTW by saying Kobe > LeBron.

#337 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Kobe Bryant. 34 years old, 17 seasons. Just made this guy in his prime forever humbled...

So damn awesome to see Kobe handle LBJ so easily. Force him left like MJ said dude can't do anything... I honestly think leBron was scared as hell those last 5 minutes Kobe was breaking him down.

Even today I don't think LeBron would come close to Kobe 1 on 1...

& hey MJ you were right BTW by saying Kobe > LeBron.

You know its sad when Kobe fans are jumping up and down over him blocking LeBron in an exhibition game where no defense is being played. This is the equivalent to a lineman bragging bout sacks in the pro bowl. Just in case you forgot....

just last week...
2/10/13 LeBron James 32 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists HEAT WIN over Lakers 107-97

1/17/13 LeBron James 39 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists HEAT WIN (in Staples) over Lakers 99-90

Kobe cant do nothing wit LeBron, (much less win against him) when the game counts. Thats why he'll be watching LeBron from home this May & June.

#338 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Obviously LeBron is the best player in todays game, but Kobe completely owned him in that All-Star game. You can call it an exhibition game all you want but everyone went into full try-hard mode in the 4th qtr and especially the last 5-6 min. LeBron couldn't do anything against Kobe 1 on 1.

Nothing to really brag about though since it's all about winning championships and it looks like the Lakers likely won't be winning it this season (although I have my hopes still).

#339 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Big time Laker fan and Kobe supporter but i'm not blind. If I were to start a Franchise and pick any player in the History of the NBA, #1 and #2 would be Jordan and Lebron.

#340 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Obviously LeBron is the best player in todays game, but Kobe completely owned him in that All-Star game. You can call it an exhibition game all you want but everyone went into full try-hard mode in the 4th qtr and especially the last 5-6 min. LeBron couldn't do anything against Kobe 1 on 1.

Nothing to really brag about though since it's all about winning championships and it looks like the Lakers likely won't be winning it this season (although I have my hopes still).

Essentially the entire Regular Season in the NBA is an exhibition as every team over .500 usually makes the Playoffs.
Hence Reg Season MVPs being meaningless.

Big time Laker fan and Kobe supporter but i'm not blind. If I were to start a Franchise and pick any player in the History of the NBA, #1 and #2 would be Jordan and Lebron.

I'm not blind to the fact Lebron has one Championship in now his 10th year.
Me, the top 2 starts with winners.

#341 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Essentially the entire Regular Season in the NBA is an exhibition as every team over .500 usually makes the Playoffs.
Hence Reg Season MVPs being meaningless.

Regular season MVPs are NOT meaningless simply because Kobe Bryant was only good enough to win 1 in his career. And he barely got that 1, had to fall back on a "lifetime achievement" campaign to swing voters his way over cp3. Look at all the all time greats, they have MULTIPLE MVP awards on their resume. Moses Malone has 3, he is also a champion. Magic Johnson has 3, he is also a champion. Larry Bird has 3 he is also a champion. Russell has 5 he is also a champion. Wilt has 4 he is also a champion. Jordan has 5, he is also a champion. Kareem has 6 he is also a champion. Kobe Bryant was only considered the best player in the league 1 year out of his 17 years. If he took the regular season SERIOUSLY instead of half assing it and playing lazy most years, he might've had more. Fortunately, he played for a franchise that keeps stacked teams HIS ENTIRE CAREER. So he could afford rape trials, media controversies, subpar performances during regular seasons in ways others could not. The fact the guy never was able to win MVP and a Finals MVP in the same season (like a MJ, or a Duncan, or LeBron) shows you never dominated a season from November to June. Some guys go hard EVERY GAME, some guys wait and only do it in the playoffs.

I'm not blind to the fact Lebron has one Championship in now his 10th year.
Me, the top 2 starts with winners.

By June LeBron could potentially have his 2nd championship and 2nd Finals MVP. Kobe has 2 Finals MVPs in 17 years of basketball, LeBron would have 2 in 10. Kobe was the 2nd best player on most of his championship teams. Anybody can play second fiddle to one of the greatest centers of all time (Shaq averaged 30 & 15 those first 3 NBA Finals Kobe appeared in). History will not remember Bryant being on LeBron's level. Throw in his sub .500 record head to head vs. LeBron (6-13) and it wont be pretty. Most times, the OLDER player has a winning record head to head vs. the younger player (think Russ vs. Wilt, Wilt vs. Kareem) but not in this case.

#342 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Is Kobe vs. Lebron still a thing?? Think that debate is pretty much over. Kobe is not, and never had been at any point in his career as good as Lebron right now. Lebron is inching close to MJ territory if he can start running off championships at a high rate.

BTW Kobe probably shouldn't have even been finals MVP in 2010 with his 40% field goal percentage in the finals including his less than impressive 6-24 (25%) showing in game 7.

Pau Gasol who averaged 19 ppg (while getting nearly half the attempts Kobe did) 12 rpg 4 apg and 3 bpg was the best player on the Lakers that series..

#343 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yeah Kobe vs Lebron took opver for Kobe vs Jordan.
Jordan is better to whoever thinks that, who cares?
It's all about the rings baby, Kobe and MJ have them.

#344 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

The amount of Kobe hate on this board is disgusting. I respect LeBron and I do understand that LeBron at his peak is putting up better all around stats than Kobe at his peak, but the guy has to win a few titles to be in Kobe's league. It's all about championships and LeBron has been subpar in that department thus far.

#345 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Have Lakers fans really fallen so hard this season they're referencing a fugin All-Star game as Kobe being better than Lebron? Lol, I've seen so many people on facebook posting that picture of Kobe blocking Lebron... it's pretty funny really.

Lebron in his first 2 seasons with the Heat: 2x Finals appearances, 1x NBA Champion, 1x Finals MVP. Give the dude a little bit more time before you start talking about his lack of rings, since it definitely looks like the Heat might repeat this season.

At no point in his career has Kobe ever been as good as Lebron has been these past two seasons (arguably more, but I'll just use his time in Miami).

Kobe refused to play for Charlotte and went to the Lakers and won his first three in Shaq's shadow.

Lebron leaves Cleveland and they go from a title contender to the worst team in the NBA.

I actually like Kobe, he's one of my favorite players of all time, but that rings argument is tired as hell and does a huge disservice to Lebron. The dude is something special and one of the greatest the game has ever seen. These past few years everyone has said, "Oh, well Lebron must be hitting his peak, there's no way he can get any better" then he comes back the following season and puts up even better numbers. We're witnessing a potential dynasty in Miami right now, so let's just wait until their respective careers are over before we compare rings. Lebron > Kobe.

People also said the same things about Jordan before he finally won his first championship... well we see how that one ended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users