428 replies to this topic

#76 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

He probably won't change in terms of clutchness (not sure that's a word..) if he hasn't already shown it. He is a great player, the best in the NBA. But it'd be best for him and the Heat to defer to Wade. He just doesn't have the "it" factor it takes in clutch time. He will hit his share of go ahead shots but not enough to take the ball away from Wade.

I almost feel he is afraid to fail and would rather pass it off. He should be able to drive on anyone in the closing seconds but he doesn't always do so.

#77 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Heat cant win relying just on Wade at the end of games. They will only go as far as King takes them. He already has game winners and clutch plays in the playoffs. Dudes act like Bron aint never hit no big shots or come up clutch. LOL.

#78 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Heat cant win relying just on Wade at the end of games. They will only go as far as King takes them. He already has game winners and clutch plays in the playoffs. Dudes act like Bron aint never hit no big shots or come up clutch. LOL.

And you act like he didn't completely fall apart when the lights were brightest and all eyes were on him last year in the Finals...:lol:

#79 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Can't speak for everyone but that's not I am saying, at least. I even acknowledged that he has the ability to hit game winners. But if you had to ask me, 'Which Heat do you want with the ball in their hands in crunch time?', you'd be silly not to choose Wade over LBJ. This is not saying Wade is a better basketball player than LBJ, it's just that Wade has the guts and bravado to take over. You can't always say that for LBJ who sometimes shies away from the game winner. I guess it's just part of his nature. And I think that's why he chose to go to Miami. He didn't want to feel like he was carrying the load. I think most would say that LBJ going to Miami put more pressure on him to win titles and he now has no excuses. Which is partly true, but I feel like he went there because he didn't want to fail on a team that was considered "his" (aka Cavs).

He's a great basketball player that on any night can go out and get you a triple double. But he has proven he plenty of occasions that he can't lead the charge when the right moves need to be made in crunch time.

#80 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

But if you had to ask me, 'Which Heat do you want with the ball in their hands in crunch time?', you'd be silly not to choose Wade over LBJ. This is not saying Wade is a better basketball player than LBJ, it's just that Wade has the guts and bravado to take over.

After last night's game and near chokejob, this quote stands out with me. Can you tell me a "big game" or playoff series D Wade has won on clutch play within the past 6 years? Is there a game this season that Wade won jacking up shots at the end of the game while LeBron sat idly by and watches?

#81 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

The 2006 Finals he was everywhere averaging 35 points in the series.

Here's one of his most recent:

#82 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

"Nobody wants to be hated," (Dwight) Howard said at his Thursday media session. "I don't think LeBron wants to be hated, but he did what he felt was best for him. The way he did it could have been wrong, but he did what was best for him. And he has to live with it, just like me."

James was asked Friday if he was surprised Howard invoked his name.

"I think his situation is totally different from mine," James said. "Everyone keeps comparing all these guys' situations to mine. I fulfilled my contract in Cleveland. I was an unrestricted free agent, and I was a free agent. I could have done whatever I wanted to do; I could have signed back with the Cavs or leave.

"Dwight's situation is they were going down to the deadline. I mean, all these other guys going down trade deadline or getting traded, or saying they want to opt in or opt out, my situation is totally different from everyone else's. I think the best thing about him is he's happy. The organization is happy that he's staying and they can move on with their season. But none of their situations -- not Chris Paul, not Carmelo Anthony, not Dwight Howard -- none of their situations is like mine."

Wade said that it simply is how it is, that James is doomed to have such moments repeat themselves.

"In all fairness," Wade said, "he's the only one who went through free agency.

"But no matter what happens, we all know it comes back to LeBron. I was watching the Peyton Manning press conference. I love Peyton Manning, but I said, 'I guarantee you in five seconds it's going to come back to LeBron.' Right back to him, that's how you do a press conference. He understands that. It's just been a butt of any joke and if you want to make something seem a certain way, you go back to LeBron."

http://articles.orla...n-james-loyalty

#83 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

The 2006 Finals he was everywhere averaging 35 points in the series.

I do remember that Indy game. O6 was a long time ago man. A lot of that was a bi-product of having Shaq & Zo in the paint. He hasnt performed anywhere near that level since in a playoff series. Its no doubt he's hit game winners and stepped up big at the end of games for that franchise. I just dont recollect any of that in the PLAYOFFS in the last 5 years or so. IMO, the Heat get themselves in bad spots when they try to force feed Wade into being the closer (ex: last night's game against Philly). They are at their best when LeBron is being agressive and forcing tempo.

#84 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well you said the last 6 years, and the 06 Finals was less than 6 years. Yes, he hasn't had a repeat performance of that level but that could have a lot to do with the shoulder injury.

And really no team is really good when the force shots from one player. It has to come within the flow of the game for most players to be successful. But it just seems like LBJ shies away from the final shot or would rather pull up for a shot rather than playing to his strengths and drive. No one can guard him if he decides to drive. Wade at least seems like he is more assertive. Not saying Wade is a better player than LBJ, that'd be even more silly. I just don't know if LBJ's mental makeup is favorable to making the right decisions in the final seconds.

#85 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

LeBron James finished with 14 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists and five steals for the Heat. His pass with 3:46 left made it past two Magic defenders and set up Bosh for perhaps the clincher, a three-point play that stretched Miami’s lead to 84-73.

“He’s the biggest piece of our team,” James said of Bosh. “And when he’s going, we’re very dangerous. … That’s what it was all about tonight.” Well, that and defense. Orlando scored 12 points in a span of nearly 16 minutes in the second half, finishing with its lowest point total in 11 games.

James reached double digits for his 400th straight regular-season game, a streak beginning Jan. 6, 2007. According to STATS LLC, he became the first player since January 2010 to have at least 14 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists and five steals in a game.
“If I’m not getting going it scoring, it’s time to focus on something else,” James said. “I try to be a complete basketball player.”

http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2012031814

Instead of playing selfish-low IQ-"I want to mimick Jordan instead of win" basketball, LeBron continues to be agressive on D, and feed the hot hands (Wade & Bosh) on offense in the 4th to help Miami win by 10 over rival Orlando.

#86 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Where's the part where LeBrick went 4-14 tonight?

#87 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Where's the part where LeBrick went 4-14 tonight?

"Complete players" are smart enough to know when they arent shooting well they feed the hot hands on their team instead of being "selfish" and contribute in other areas.

#88 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image

LeBron and Heat react to Trayvon Martin tragedy

LeBron James tweeted this photo of the Miami Heat with the words “#WeAreTrayvonMartin, #Hoodies, #Stereotypes, #WeWantJustice.” (via LeBron James on Twitter) Echoing President Obama, Dwyane Wade spoke personally as a parent about about the shooting death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. And shortly afterward, the Miami Heat sent a message as a team, posing in hoodies for a photo that LeBron James tweeted.

Wade also posted a photo of himself on Facebook in which he wears a hoodie with the message “#hoodies #stereotype #trayvonmartinmessage.” The shooting of Martin , 17, by a neighborhood-watch guard last month continues to resonate; George Zimmerman, the guard, claims he acted in self-defense and has not been charged. Martin was wearing a hoodie when he was killed.

“I'm a father,” Wade, who has two sons, said Friday (via the Sun Sentinel) in Detroit. “It's support of the tragic thing that has taken place. No matter what color, race, we're all fathers.

“When you think about what that family's going through, it hits you hard and it hurts your heart to think about it. Just anything you can do, obviously we can't bring him back, but anything you can do to get behind and support is what we're doing.”

The photo is not new, but Wade found a new use for it. “It's a picture that I've taken before. I thought it was great opportunity to use it,” Wade said. “I've never used it before, really. So that was a great opportunity to use it. Just to get the people to understand what we're in support of.”

Wade’s girlfriend, actress Gabrielle Union, spoke out earlier about the shooting and how the it was handled by police. “We discussed it,” Wade said. "I only start doing something when I find out more information on it. Early on, I didn't hear the [911] call, I didn't have a lot of information. So I wasn't going to just jump into it. She knew a lot early on about everything. That's why she was very vocal.”

#89 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP)—LeBron James and the Miami Heat were thinking about a lot more than basketball Friday. All anyone needed to do was look at their shoes.

James and Dwayne Wade were among several Miami players who took the floor with messages on their sneakers about the death of an unarmed black teenager who was shot by a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer in a suburb of Orlando, Fla. The Heat made quick work of the Pistons in an 88-73 victory, but the focus afterward was on the team’s decision to speak out.

“As leaders, as role models, we’re happy that we’re able to shed light on a situation that we feel isn’t right,” James said. “That’s why we did that today.”

James had 17 points and 10 assists, and Wade added 24 points for Miami, which won its fourth straight. The game itself was unremarkable, but the Heat attracted attention well before the opening tip.

Players took the floor with messages such as “RIP Trayvon Martin” and “We want justice” scrawled on their shoes.
Miami then took control of the game early. The Heat led by 26 in the third quarter, although Detroit did rally to make it respectable.

“We’re playing some good basketball right now,” James said. “Other than our turnovers in the third, for the most part we played a great game tonight.”

http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2012032308

#90 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Lebron and the Heat didn't belong on the floor with OKC tonight. The Thunder wiped the floor with the Miami 3.
Looking more like Chicago with home court will end the Heat's title hopes early this year.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users