Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guy makes $50mil for playing a game criticizes $20mil/year to guy who helps it happen

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Goodell has done a good job as far as not completely tanking the league.

He literally tried to do this btw.

Posted

He literally tried to do this btw.

You're inability to cite a specific example of what he's done to tank the league is telling.

Posted

You're inability to cite a specific example of what he's done to tank the league is telling.

Im not sure what else you'd call manufacturing a fake crisis and locking out players, unless youre one of those people that still think it was a strike.

Fortunately he and the owners were outmaneuvered and badly misplayed their hand.

Posted

Im not sure what else you'd call manufacturing a fake crisis and locking out players, unless youre one of those people that still think it was a strike.

Fortunately he and the owners were outmaneuvered and badly misplayed their hand.

It's business. Any businessman who is looking to maximize profit is going to go as far as possible to get the cheapest price without losing profits, which is what Goodell did. He didn't lose any regular season games, while still able to get some of the things he wanted in the new CBA. What else could he do? Immediately give in to all the player's demands? You might not like what happened, but I highly doubt that Goodell would have let it slip into where football wasn't going to be played for a season. He's too much of a businessman.

Posted

lol "all the players demands." I'm not going to bother with someone who's still ignorant of the timeline of events.

Posted

People that get paid $20M-$50M need to look at those that make way, way, way less than that. As they are struggling to make ends meet and put food on the table. As those paid in in the millions seem to be set for life. While others that are paid way, way less, are struggling in this rough economic times.

Posted

lol "all the players demands." I'm not going to bother with someone who's still ignorant of the timeline of events.

lol, so your not going to answer my question? figures

it boils down to this. Goodell got the most money he could out of the CBA while still playing football. He has to please his 'bosses' which are the NFL owners. And his bosses are the ones who are paying him that much, so they obviously think he deserves it.

Posted

lol "his climb."

he went right out of his hoity toity private college into an internship with pete rozelle because his dad was a us senator, then just sorta hung around for 26 years until he had enough swag to be put in control.

The only way he could have worked less was if he was born commissioner. Get your facts straight.

lol

Posted

lol, so your not going to answer my question? figures

wait you actually expect me to educate you on the entire 2011 nfl lockout?

i wrote paper bricks on this forum about the lockout. feel free to read any of them.

Posted

"ha, you mean I'm so stupid you can't even find a starting point with me?

OWNED GOOD SIR! I'll be rolling in my filth when you're ready to parlay with me."

Posted

Fiz loves these types of threads.

Posted

Goodell put the defense at a major disadvantage when even clean hits have been called for 15 yard penalties. The game has been extremely watered down. NFL was trending before his time and opening up the offense happened before his time.

on top of that QBs might as wear flags, kickoffs are a joke, and more offensive players are going to face season ending knee injuries since more defensive players are tackling low (avoiding a bullpoo 15 yard penalty for even clean hits).

so what exactly has Goodell done to reign in all these fans? He hasn't, and I don't hear anyone raving over all the ways these changes have made the game better.. it's actually quite the opposite from the everyday fan to former/current players.. I find it hard to believe anyone would dispute this without pulling his dick out of your ass first..