Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

NC State at Duke

143 posts in this topic

Please explain how half is wrong. I gave you the bonus in 5 minutes. what else?

I'd also argue that the reason is that because he played 39 minutes due to having to sit our starters.

Because you implied that Duke was getting the calls and how could that be since they shoot so many 3's and I pointed out that your 3 point shooter, Scott Wood shot 10 free throws which was more than anyone on Duke's team. Bottom line is Duke went 5 of 15 from 3 in the second half and didn't have a turnover in the last 11 minutes of the game and that is why we won and not the refs.

Because you implied that Duke was getting the calls and how could that be since they shoot so many 3's and I pointed out that your 3 point shooter, Scott Wood shot 10 free throws which was more than anyone on Duke's team. Bottom line is Duke went 5 of 15 from 3 in the second half and didn't have a turnover in the last 11 minutes of the game and that is why we won and not the refs.

Yes, because that makes my post wrong? nice logic. "LOL FACTS THAT ARE CORRECT ARE WRONG"

Whatever, I can see this argument is worthless. Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

Adios

Here come the refs

I said this at 10:18 just a few minutes into the 2nd half.

Duke fan one cube over just admitted to the atrocity that was officiating last night.

I said this at 10:18 just a few minutes into the 2nd half.

Okay it wasn't the D getting turned up, or Scott Wood missing free throws and 3 pointers, or Duke hitting shots in the 2nd half, or Duke not having a turnover the last 11 minutes of the game, it is because of the refs. Okay I got it.:rolleyes:

Never seen state fans cry this much. Usually they are much more level headed that carolina fans. Duke committed 2 less fouls and shot 2 more free throws(Not counting the intentional foul at the end). Its not like they blew away state in either catagory. If you want to blame it on something, blame it on the 10 more turnovers that your team had, that helped duke get back into it. Only 6 TOs in the first, 9 in the second. Thats how you blow a big lead, give the other team 9 extra possesions amidst a comeback.

They will never see the correlation between a 8 man rotation having to sit their best players most of the second half due to questionable calls early in the half and a much better team (who is getting their asses beat) having to become an 8 man rotation due to fouls.

Welcome to most games that duke plays. Our only big man who can score inside, mason plumlee, ends up sitting out most of the first half with 2 ticky tack fouls. Do you want duke to apologize for being deeper? Btw your all of those key players that had to sit? CJ Leslie played 2 minutes less than his season average and howell played 4 minutes less than his season average. So don't try to make it out like half your team was missing most of the game because of fouls. The only person that was really hurt by fouls and missed a lot of the game was CJ williams. Congratulations, you had 1 guy get in foul trouble, welcome to college basketball.

State lost this game on three straight possesions in the 2nd half. On three consecutive possessions they came down and settled for an 18 ft jump shot that was contested and was early in the shot clock.

Duke proceeded to go on a 9-0 run and State then crumbled.

State should have milked the clock on those three possessions and run back door ball screens to get fouled or have a layup. Poor coaching and poor execution from a team that just doesn't know how to win a big game.

I am a huge Duke fan but I normally pull for State since I grew up with a mother who was a Jimmy V fan plus I really like Bobby Lutz but the way that the State fans are crying today they sound like unc fans. Nobody liked the way the 2nd half was officiated, ticky tack fouls suck but it went both ways and Duke is a little deeper but not much. State had 7 guys play big time minutes and Duke had 7 guys play big time minutes so lets call it like it is Duke played better then State did the final 11 minutes.