• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#76 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

He had 16 points, 10 from the field... so withthout looking he had 2 three's.

And both came in the time we went into takeover mode and one gave us our first lead of the game, like I said in the last 10 minutes when our shots started falling.

#77 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

And both came in the time we went into takeover mode and one gave us our first lead of the game, like I said in the last 10 minutes when our shots started falling.

Only 4 of his 13 shots fell... just looking at the box score I see more than you. Once again Curry bails Duke out...

#78 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

The total foul count is worthless. It's the selection of the fouls called. 3 of NCSU starters in foul trouble the whole game. One team shoots 29 threes and the other shoots 11. Guess who took more foul shots?

14 fouls in a time span of 8:30 and Duke being in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half of the game shows everything.

- Richard Howell, CJ Leslie, CJ Williams, Scott Wood: 18 total fouls

- Austin Rivers, Seth Curry, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee: 6 total fouls

All those players are starters for each team.

- NC State had 4 starters with 3 or more fouls

- Duke had 1 starter with 3 or more fouls

Edited by Acewalker, 17 February 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#79 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Once again Curry bails Duke out...

I don't think anyone has doubted that, you just refuse to give Rivers any credit, he started the game like 1 for 7.

#80 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

The total foul count is worthless. It's the selection of the fouls called. 3 of NCSU starters in foul trouble the whole game. One team shoots 29 threes and the other shoots 11. Guess who took more foul shots?

14 fouls in a time span of 8:30 and Duke being in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half of the game shows everything.

- Richard Howell, CJ Leslie, CJ Williams, Scott Wood: 18 total fouls

- Austin Rivers, Seth Curry, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee: 6 total fouls

All those players are starters for each team.

- NC State had 4 starters with 3 or more fouls

- Duke had 1 starter with 3 or more fouls

The WalMart fans in here will never understand this.

[Ref's Head]I know that was a bullshit call on Leslie so I'll make it by calling... who's the 11th guy on Duke's depth chart? Aww fug it, I'll call one on Kelly[/Ref's Head]

[Ref's Head]Did Plumlee literally just rape that guy? No call. Oh no, Rivers has a hang nail, Howell must have fouled him![/Ref's Head]

#81 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

[Ref's Head]I know that was a bullpoo call on Leslie so I'll make it by calling... who's the 11th guy on Duke's depth chart? Aww fug it, I'll call one on Kelly[/Ref's Head]

[Ref's Head]Did Plumlee literally just rape that guy? No call. Oh no, Rivers has a hang nail, Howell must have fouled him![/Ref's Head]

LOL, just when you think you guys can't get anymore ridiculous!:jc:

#82 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

[Ref's Head]I know that was a bullpoo call on Leslie so I'll make it by calling... who's the 11th guy on Duke's depth chart? Aww fug it, I'll call one on Kelly[/Ref's Head]

To call the foul on our "11th Man", We go 10 deep, he had to be on the floor, that was the difference we were just a little deeper than State, GTFO and go calm down from your meltdown and try to come back with something else!

#83 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

It was a pathetic game. I told my fiance at the start of the half, that the refs would make it a close game. Duke fans will point to the foul diff. and say it was legit but anyone who watched the game without red or blue glasses would've seen that the way you control a game is by limiting Starter's minutes. This time Duke's play had hardly anything to do with it. They were outplayed for 35 minutes (by a large margin) and were obviously given an "Out" by the refs. I'm upset at myself for being upset even though this has been typical for Duke and UNC games for a long time. C-A-T-S enjoy it BC Duke (just like Hansbrough an the tarholes) will not last in the tournament because they won't get the adversity in the ACC that they deserve.

Edited by AppStatePanther, 17 February 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#84 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

It was a pathetic game. I told my fiance at the start of the half, that the refs would make it a close game. Duke fans will point to the foul diff. and say it was legit but anyone who watched the game without red or blue glasses would've seen that the way you control a game is by limiting Starter's minutes. This time Duke's play had hardly anything to do with it. They were outplayed for 35 minutes (by a large margin) and were obviously given an "Out" by the refs. I'm upset at myself for being upset even though this has been typical for Duke and UNC games for a long time. C-A-T-S enjoy it BC Duke (just like Hansbrough an the tarholes) will not last in the tournament because they won't get the adversity in the ACC that they deserve.

Posted Image

#85 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

I love how UNC fans have been berated about the refs and then everyone's true colors rise to the top.. :lol:

#86 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

I think both State and UNC fans suck when they complain about the refs. Happy?

#87 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think both State and UNC fans suck when they complain about the refs. Happy?

It must be nice to never have to complain about them.

#88 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hahaha, that was a classic Duke game. They are the only team I know that can rely on the outside jumpshot all day and yet still consistently shoot more free throws than the other team

#89 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

I started bitching 30 seconds into the second half when i texted my friends that the refs were going to get Duke back in it. Which is exactly what happened.

Yeah complaining about the refs is kind of a weak...did you watch the game?

Really? First 5 mins of 2nd - State fouls (4): Williams, Howell, Wood, Leslie each w/ 1. Duke (7): Kelly (2), Hairston (2), Thornton (2), Dawkins. NC State was in the bonus at 14:53. Duke entered the bonus 4 minutes later. At the under 12 timeout in the 2nd half Duke had been whistled for 8 fouls to NC State's 5. The score was 59-41. Total fouls for Duke (21) and total fouls for NC State (24). Stop bitching about the refs.:nopity:

#90 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

lol it people talking about refs.. Duke was ballin`

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.