Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

Obama proposes getting rid of some nukes, GOP goes ape shit

A few years ago I would have wondered where they would get the money to upgrade. I guess they are counting on a lot of oil money rolling in. If the price of oil keeps going up, they may be right.

In other news...Putin moves to modernize their weaponry

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20120220/171407962.html

Yay for unilateral disarmament!

The new Russian ICBM's are rumored to be capable of penetrating Missile Defense systems. Obama get's rid of nukes because you have a capable Missile Defense system. You are not signing unilateral disarmament agreements without a back-up plan.

Actually, while China is fastly becoming the world's next Superpower, Russia has been on they're heels all along.

I don't think that neither nation will be a superpower on the level of the US and USSR during the Cold War. China will likely rank #1 in several categories but will face a number of very strong regional challengers like Russia, India, Korea (ROK,) Brazil, EU and the USA. Some of the Next Eleven may join this group one day.

Missile defense systems have nothing to do with it. They may help a bit but are nothing to depend on at this point. We just don't need 3000 of the things anymore.