did someone say $10 billion is a joke?

#32 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Let's make sure we keep the good ones, you know, the ones Russia and China don't have.

#33 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

did someone say $10 billion is a joke?

It's not much considering our debt rises at $75 million an hour. This is just smart campaigning by Obama. Will not pass

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

so at what price-point are cuts worth investigating?

/definitely campaigning, definitely won't pass.

#35 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

so at what price-point are cuts worth investigating?

/definitely campaigning, definitely won't pass.

I wish I had the info that our intelligence agencies have. I'm sure there is a reason to keep a stockpile, probably for raw elements needed in nuclear cores. Who knows what future technology brings? We might be attacked by aliens and need those suckers.

The cuts are worth investigating at $10 billion but I just don't know enough. The amount of money we've invested in these things, it would be pretty dumb to just throw them out to save on the power bill.

#36 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

But like I said earlier, I am not against cuts in the arsenal. But if we are going to cut 80%, some other nations such as Russia should follow suit, or we shouldn't do it.

Agreed. It sounds like the right thing to do, but those weapons are a deterrent to Russia and China. We shouldnt cut anymore than a handful of them unless they do the same.

Considering that the US and Russia/USSR have made it 70 years without using them on each other, I think that it is a good time to consider a proposal to do just that. Something tells me that Russia would not agree... especially considering all of the nukes we have in Europe pointed at them... but it is worth a shot.

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Why do you unilaterally give up a major bargaining chip that would/could help rid the world of more of these overall.

Noooo....that would make too much sense. Pissing off eastern Europe with pulling out of the missile defense system really made the Czechs and Poles really happy too.

#38 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

As someone mentioned...10 billion is a joke and nothing more than pandering to hard left especially when considering the fact this goes way beyond the START treaty unilaterally.

Does that mean we can consider all your threads about wasteful government spending to be a joke if the total money is less than $10 billion?

That will be a big change

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Does that mean we can consider all your threads about wasteful government spending to be a joke if the total money is less than $10 billion?

That will be a big change

In case you missed it...national defense is one of the things expressly spelled out as federal government responsibility.

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,267 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

On the eve of the New START signing in 2010, three Air Force researchers argued in a military journal that the US should tweak its nuclear strategy to focus on "proportional deterrence"

but what do they know compared to ol' g5jamz.

#41 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Why settle for billions when we can save....millions?

#42 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Other gov programs have been trimmed why not that one? People like me were upset about the F-22 but we all had to get over that.

It won't be the last cut.

Also, Deac, aren't the charges different in a test and a fully powered nuke? Hiroshima is nothing compared to what they got now, we could tilt the axis of the Earth or something if we unloaded

the charges aren't different in fact in 1960 the russians blew up a 50 megaton H-bomb that was too large to ever be used conventionally.

#43 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

This is typical of the modern day Islamic liberal US hater. No surpiise here. I am just glad his days are coming to an end.
Ha, and you thought GW was bad.

#44 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is typical of the modern day Islamic liberal US hater. No surpiise here. I am just glad his days are coming to an end.

:lol::lol: You actually think he's going to lose in November :lol::lol:

#45 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com