Photo
- - - - -

Brian Quick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#13 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

please no more app state wide receivers

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Brian Quick is going to be a stud, I'd spend a 4th or later on him.

#15 MtnJax

MtnJax

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'd rather avoid drafting from low-tier conferences

Yes, because no great players have ever came from the FCS division or lower

#16 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

you can get Moss for quick's price.

I'm seriously baffled by this statement. Why would you want an old washed up WR instead of a young wide out that has his future ahead of him?

#17 jungleking

jungleking

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Why are people touting his speed in here? His name couldn't be more misleading. Greg Olsen could probably win a footrace. No thanks.

#18 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

about his speed--It is a bit misleading. Quick (I went to WCU, so it pains me to say this) is incredibly balanced and fast out of his breaks. You can be as fast as you want as a WR, but it really doesn't matter until the break. Most WRs take a slow step after a break or bubble. From what I have seen of Quick--limited, I admit--he is awesome in this area. I have seen his grade as high as second round, but I would not touch until the fourth. FWIW, the Panthers like him, and they have also looked at Binford, Tenn Tech; Fuller, Tex AM, and Wylie, Fresno State.

BTW--Terrell Owens--Chattanooga; Jerry Rice---Miss Valley St; Walter Payton, Jackson State.

#19 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

The last thing we need around here is another player for App State homers to swoon over.

I agree 100%. Nothing worse than a small school trying to convince the world that they are big time. They had a great run, but their players have sucked on the next level. I think they had a few LBs do well over the past few decades, but that is it.

Here we go...

Edited by MHS831, 17 February 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#20 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

Instigator

HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

I agree 100%. Nothing worse than a small school trying to convince the world that they are big time. They had a great run, but their players have sucked on the next level. I think they had a few LBs do well over the past few decades, but that is it.

Here we go...

Umm D.J. Smith started in place of A.J. Hawk and then for the Packers this past season after being drafted in the 6th round and was pretty successful. Better than any LB we had playing after Dan Morgan IMO.

Maybe you should look him up on facebook and take a look at his leaping pictures on there. He is faster than Greg Olsen and could outjump Randy Moss.

His wingspan will be second in the league (outside of OL) to guess who...Megatron, by only a half inch. A 40 inch vertical and 80 1/2 in wingspan gives you a lot of room to make up for that 4.6 speed.( He says he expects to run a 4.4 at the combine btw.)

#21 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Umm D.J. Smith started in place of A.J. Hawk and then for the Packers this past season after being drafted in the 6th round and was pretty successful. Better than any LB we had playing after Dan Morgan IMO.

Maybe you should look him up on facebook and take a look at his leaping pictures on there. He is faster than Greg Olsen and could outjump Randy Moss.

His wingspan will be second in the league (outside of OL) to guess who...Megatron, by only a half inch. A 40 inch vertical and 80 1/2 in wingspan gives you a lot of room to make up for that 4.6 speed.( He says he expects to run a 4.4 at the combine btw.)

I present to you example A: Why not to draft Appalachian State football players.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

App homers are the best

to clarify I'm not hating on Quick