#1 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Going to the Canes versus Capitals game on monday. Really excited. Never been to a NHL game before. Is there any etiquette i should know about? Anybody know where the best place is for parking?

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Best place for parking is beside Carter-Finley.

No etiquette what so ever, except make sure during the star spangled banner... when they say "Oh say can you see" you scream out "Oh say can Jussi" and when they say the "rockets red glare" you scream out "rockets RED!!! glare."

Other than that be loud and have fun!!!

#3 jb_online

jb_online

Nag, Nag, Nag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Going to the Canes versus Capitals game on monday. Really excited. Never been to a NHL game before. Is there any etiquette i should know about? Anybody know where the best place is for parking?

There used to be free parking on the far side of the CFS/RBC Center area (on Trinity Road), but I hear there is a charge to park there now. Still, parking isn't a lot, compared to most other NHL arenas, and it's really easy to get in and out in comparison. Food is great, atmosphere is wonderful, the fans are family friendly and the ladies are exceptional (if you are into bird watching).

The Canes are playing very well lately, so hopefully they'll get you an exciting win!

#4 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I remember the first 'Canes game I went to was game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals back in '06. 6 or 7 guys drove down from Edmonton in an RV and were sitting a row behind us.

They were whistling at teenagers and yelling profanities left and right - it was pretty funny.

During introductions, Roy Williams was on the big screen cheering on the 'Canes in a rallying montage. Everyone in the crowd booed (being N.C. State country) and the guys behind us asked us if they were booing because he was the mayor lol.

#5 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks looking forward to it....heard it was family night with dollar hot dogs and giveways.....

#6 jb_online

jb_online

Nag, Nag, Nag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

My first Canes game was also the first pro sports game of my life. I was 13, it was 1998 and my brother and I went to see them play in Greensboro, against the Pittsburgh Penguins (when Ron Francis was still a Penguin). It ended in a TIE... lol

#7 Arv3n

Arv3n

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

chose a good game to go to, lol.

#8 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

helluva a game to see live.

#9 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

It was awesome....I suggest to everyone to go to a NHL game....tv really does not do it justice....still a little hoarce from all the cheering and screaming.....great time

#10 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I was also at this game. So fuggin awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.