• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think Rivera has been paying close attention to Otah and his rehab. If he is healthy and in shape our o-line will be fine. Schwartz and Ziemba will return. The only player to re-sign is Hangman. If they think Otah is still iffy, they will draft a player to replace him.
Our main concern is Defense. We should take BPA in area of need. If we trade down,
we can still get a starter on D. We can draft O-line in a later round. I'm against trading
our core players. Go Catsssssssssssssss

#17 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

If you are going to do it, at least do it right:

Free Agency:

Re-sign all of our free agents
Sign QB Drew Brees (to back up Cam)
Sign G Carl Nick
Sign WR Mike Wallace
Sign K Matt Prater
Sign S Jim Leonard
Sign CB Cortland Finnegan
Sign CB Brent Grimers
Sign DE Mario Williams
Sign DT Brodrick Bunkley

Trade:

:jc:- 1st rounder
Otah- 1st rounder
Armanti- 2nd rounder
Mare- Pack of crackers

Draft:

1st: OT Matt Kalil
1st: DT Michael Brockers
1st: QB Robert Griffin (Brees doesn't fit our offense that well, need a mobile 3rd QB)
2nd: CB Janoris Jenkins
2nd: S Mark Barron
4th: OLB Zach Brown
5th: MLB Luke Kuechly
6th: G David DeCastro
7th: WR Michael Floyd

Super Bowl.

#18 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think it's better to draft a DT than to get a DT FA at the moment. Garay is interesting though. If Rivera wants him on this team then hell yes. I trust the guy to make those decisions. So far he's done well given a circumstances.

As far as VJ, I wouldn't mind him, but seriously people. We have other BIGGER needs/gaps to fill. CB,DT,OLB,FS,OT, etc..

I disagree i think we have tons of young DT's on the roster with potential but we need another Vet like Edwards to mentor / START till they are ready.
Second my mock covered those needs. OT, CB, OLB, and FS. V-Jax is a luxury FA addition that would put the rest of the NFL on notice that the Panthers are gonna be unstoppable. Jackson and Smith would decimate the league.

#19 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Can we stop trying to trade dwill?

#20 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

No offense, but this is the worst mock offseason I've ever seen.

I wouldn't mind Poe and Brown in the 1st and Schwartz in the 3rd (if we somehow got a 3rd round pick that doesn't involve getting rid of the best RB this team has ever had still in his prime) though.

No offense taken really. Can't help it i am trying to regain some picks from the recent Brown, AE and Jimmy fiascoes. I also can't help but think that the Broncos are desperate for RB help. Fox likes a Running back committee and he does not have anyone but The Golden Calf of Bristol right now. The running back class this year is top heavy in talent. There is T-Rich, Miller, Wilson and Martin. After that you have injury prone and or undersized guys. The Broncos also have other holes and issues. I doubt they want to use either of their first two picks on RB's with those other issues. Guys i love D-Will as much as the rest of you but from a business standpoint he is soon to be 29 yrs old and that is well known to be the twilight of a RB's career. Stewart is gonna be a FA very soon and we can not afford to pay him and D-Will. Honestly i would rather have the Bronco's 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for D-Will. We need more draft picks and we need to be able to retain the younger and actually still in his PRIME back.

#21 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

My dream would include going back in time and bringing jerry rice with us

#22 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,653 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Can you not post in the Draft forum ?

#23 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,426 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I don't know if any of this is even remotely realistic. Trades of players hardly ever happen, and doubtful anyone would touch Deangelo's contract. Getting a 2nd from the Vikes (basically a late 1st) for Otah? Lulz. Please no...to any of this.

#24 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Can you not post in the Draft forum ?

NOPE. For reason unknown to me i am locked out of said thread. Have been since day numero uno. Found this out when i tried to join the offseason mock team draft thing yall do annually.

#25 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Second impossibility: trading DWill given his current salary/cap hit. The people in Denver know better than most that running backs are relatively easy to acquire. No need to spend that kind of money or the picks to find an option better than Moreno/McGahee.

We would have to eat the big hit. We paid 16 million of his 21 million gurantee in the form of signing bonus. 20% hit our cap in 2011, the remaining 80% ($12.8 million) hits OUR cap if we trade him. They could rework his 2012 salary into signing bonus and be sitting pretty. Williams won't be going anywhere, but not due to impact on another teams cap. He'll be staying because of the impact to ours.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

This is the single dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. And I live in a rough neighborhood.

#27 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,653 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

NOPE. For reason unknown to me i am locked out of said thread. Have been since day numero uno. Found this out when i tried to join the offseason mock team draft thing yall do annually.

Should be fixed

Need to confirm email.

#28 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Then it'd be nice to move this now....

#29 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts
  • Location910

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I hate nearly all of this...just saying.

Take out nearly and you sum up how I feel about it.

#30 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

you were sucked into responding to nonsense

Well I'll be damned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com