Jump to content





Photo
- - - - -

Dream Mock and Off season.


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#25 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

    Senior Member

  • Joined: 26-November 08
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 1,395
  • Reputation: 0
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Second impossibility: trading DWill given his current salary/cap hit. The people in Denver know better than most that running backs are relatively easy to acquire. No need to spend that kind of money or the picks to find an option better than Moreno/McGahee.


We would have to eat the big hit. We paid 16 million of his 21 million gurantee in the form of signing bonus. 20% hit our cap in 2011, the remaining 80% ($12.8 million) hits OUR cap if we trade him. They could rework his 2012 salary into signing bonus and be sitting pretty. Williams won't be going anywhere, but not due to impact on another teams cap. He'll be staying because of the impact to ours.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

    Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

  • Joined: 04-August 11
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 12,567
  • Reputation: 2,313
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

This is the single dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. And I live in a rough neighborhood.

#27 Kurb

Kurb

    I hit it.

  • Joined: 25-November 08
  • posts: 13,854
  • Reputation: 4,612
Administrators

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

NOPE. For reason unknown to me i am locked out of said thread. Have been since day numero uno. Found this out when i tried to join the offseason mock team draft thing yall do annually.


Should be fixed

Need to confirm email.

#28 ed bell

ed bell

    Ruthless

  • Joined: 24-November 08
  • posts: 3,092
  • Reputation: 802
SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Then it'd be nice to move this now....

#29 Clicheking

Clicheking

    Mack of the year

  • Joined: 06-September 10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 3,437
  • Reputation: 712
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I hate nearly all of this...just saying.


Take out nearly and you sum up how I feel about it.

#30 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

    Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

  • Joined: 11-May 11
  • posts: 10,128
  • Reputation: 2,848
SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

you were sucked into responding to nonsense


Well I'll be damned.

#31 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

    Member

  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • PipPipPipPip
  • posts: 595
  • Reputation: 38
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Mike Mayock is that you?

#32 AceMan

AceMan

    Huddle Vet

  • Joined: 09-November 09
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 2,856
  • Reputation: 278
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#33 Floppin

Floppin

    Smooches

  • Joined: 10-May 10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 12,957
  • Reputation: 3,467
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I ignored this thread, but the post count kept going up so I figured "Hey must be a good discussion" boy was I wrong.

#34 Marguide

Marguide

    South of the Border

  • Joined: 13-May 10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • posts: 5,751
  • Reputation: 2,345
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

We would have to eat the big hit. We paid 16 million of his 21 million gurantee in the form of signing bonus. 20% hit our cap in 2011, the remaining 80% ($12.8 million) hits OUR cap if we trade him. They could rework his 2012 salary into signing bonus and be sitting pretty. Williams won't be going anywhere, but not due to impact on another teams cap. He'll be staying because of the impact to ours.


Good clarification, thanks.

I guess the point is that DWill's contract makes it very hard to move him, be it on our end or theirs.

#35 falconlynx

falconlynx

    Member

  • Joined: 27-November 08
  • PipPip
  • posts: 70
  • Reputation: 1
ROOKIE

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

I hate that i accidently gave the OP pi.

Trading DeAngelo is ridiculous, especially considering his contract and value to us. Otah's value is low and if anyone does get any value for him, it will be us for his low cost contract year.

All of the picks look like reaches to me.

#36 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

    Member

  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • PipPipPipPip
  • posts: 595
  • Reputation: 38
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

The only Running back I see us trading is Jonathan Stewart.