Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera takes in some college ball

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I knew I liked Ron almost immediately for some reason...

Riv the Tar Heel

1 person likes this

Posted

Part of some sort of a visit to Coples, Brown, etc. I am sure. He would come to duke if we ever had anybody worth drafting. But I am glad to see him out supporting local schools and teams. That is something that I think we can use more of, our biggest stars and our coaches being visable at other sporting events. Helps bring the NC sports community closer and gets everyone a bit more exposure.

Posted

I agree Munch. There are two Juniors I feel that may work out in the league over there in Durham. I like Desmond Scott a lot for Chud's offense and Vernon could be the next Proehl or even better. I go to several Blue Devil games each year and I like what is going on there. If there was a placekicker worth a crap on the roster there might have even been a bowl game in the last two years.

Damn kickers.

Posted

Nah, duke, has, and always will be bad at football. A small school(not to mention the education requirements) just doesn't have it in them to compete in 2 prominent sports. Duke hasn't won the ACC since 1989, right around the time Coach K started really getting the basketball team going. Before that Duke had a solid, but not great football program. I would go to a couple of games if I lived close, but I am in Charlotte. I watch whenever(once in a blue moon, pun intended) its on TV, but I hardly ever get to see them play.

Side Note: Did you know that we actually have the 7th ranked kicker in this draft? Not like thats good, but better than I expected. Underlined is the position rank.

Will Snyderwine K 5'10⅛" 194 Duke 30 7

Posted

Duke has won the championship since UNC has. 89 a lot better than 90.

Snyderwine is ranked high and has ability. I am thinking of several games where he, ore someone filling in for him missed game winners or several in a game that they lost but not by much. Did he have a rough patch or was he injured. One of my very good friends is Iron Duke and parks a tin can kick away from the gate and seems to always be bitching about the missed kicks in tight games.

I think Duke football will do better than many expect in the next 5 years.

Posted

Part of some sort of a visit to Coples, Brown, etc. I am sure. He would come to duke if we ever had anybody worth drafting. But I am glad to see him out supporting local schools and teams. That is something that I think we can use more of, our biggest stars and our coaches being visable at other sporting events. Helps bring the NC sports community closer and gets everyone a bit more exposure.

Doubtful. Most individual visits aren't going to start taking place until after the combine, plus Coples/Brown/etc are probably working out at a professional facility preparing for the draft.

Judging by those seats, he was probably an invited guest by the UNC athletic department.