- - - - -

Don't be surprised when Carolina goes Offensive Line in the first..

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

I don't see too many mocks with the pats looking at WR. They are looking at defense, particularly line.

I guess a player like Blackmon can make up for one of the worst 5 defenses in the league when you have the other weapons they do on O.

I sure would like to turn those two picks into three though.

#47 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

I don't see too many mocks with the pats looking at WR. They are looking at defense, particularly line.

I guess a player like Blackmon can make up for one of the worst 5 defenses in the league when you have the other weapons they do on O.

I sure would like to turn those two picks into three though.

The Pats are too smart to pick WR with a 1st rounder(they haven't pick one every since BB got there). The value is not there. IDK why anyone would think the Pats would do that for a WR.

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

especially since they can probably get mike wallace for a 1st.

#49 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Rieff seems like an okay LT, nothing really dominant about his game. So if we go o-line, I hope we get DeCastro.

#50 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Rieff seems like an okay LT, nothing really dominant about his game. So if we go o-line, I hope we get DeCastro.

No way that I would take DeCastro at 8/9....not for a Guard.

#51 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

wont be surprised
when you get a superstar QB the top seven thousand priorities of the entire franchise should involve PROTECTING YOUR fuging SUPERSTAR QB
even a franchise as previously devoid of superstar QBs as carolina should realize this
cam is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you would have to be have downs syndrome to squander it by getting him injured due to starting UDFAs on the line

#52 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

David Decastro is far and away the best OL prospect at the combine, he was fluid, kept his back straight had perfect feet on every drill... The only reason hes not top 5 is because he is an interior lineman, should be a SOLID choice at #9. He will be BPA.

#53 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

So, for me, that looks like this...

Brockers/Coples/Upshaw/Ingram, and then Leonard Johnson, Chase Minnfield, Stephon Gilmore... at #9 and #40 respectively... in no particular order..

or...

David Decastro... and guys like... Brandon Thompson Fletcher Cox, Jerrel Worthy, or, the corners listed above...

After this option 1 does look better if I really want to address DT, but at the same time is the RISK worth the REWARD? I dont see it.

#54 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RAGE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

This combine is making me less and less sour on the idea of taking DeCastro at #9.

NFL.com has him as a potential top-10 despite being a guard.

It'd be nice to plug up RG... and I believe that I read somewhere that Schwarz's hip problem might be pretty bad.

Then again, I'm in the camp that TD can come back so what do I know >.>

#55 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

This combine is making me less and less sour on the idea of taking DeCastro at #9.

NFL.com has him as a potential top-10 despite being a guard.

It'd be nice to plug up RG... and I believe that I read somewhere that Schwarz's hip problem might be pretty bad.

Then again, I'm in the camp that TD can come back so what do I know >.>

Schwartz said he's fine, just getting strength back... and I think TD can also come back. The reason I like Decastro at #9 is because I think hes a sure fire 10 year starter, and a cant miss guy... at #9, thats what I want.. nobody else at #9 fits that bill, its should, could, maybe.

#56 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Schwartz said he's fine, just getting strength back... and I think TD can also come back. The reason I like Decastro at #9 is because I think hes a sure fire 10 year starter, and a cant miss guy... at #9, thats what I want.. nobody else at #9 fits that bill, its should, could, maybe.

Welcome aboard the Decastro train. Right now I think its just a couple of us on here. Thats my logic as well. If its all-pro G over raw DT with potential thats a no brainier to me.

#57 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I would only take Castro if i was pretty sure he was gonna be the next Carl Nicks.

#58 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,723 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

I would only take Castro if i was pretty sure he was gonna be the next Carl Nicks.

Nicks is the best g in football. I think DeCastro is a different kind--he is more cerebral. He takes PERFECT angles--can block anyone on the field,

If we cut Wharton before March 13, I think, then that should tell you that we have decided on Castro. If we do not, then that means nothing.

#59 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Nicks is the best g in football. I think DeCastro is a different kind--he is more cerebral. He takes PERFECT angles--can block anyone on the field,

If we cut Wharton before March 13, I think, then that should tell you that we have decided on Castro. If we do not, then that means nothing.

Thats what im saying, you take a guard in the top ten u gotta have some idea he might be the best in the game one day, especially if you got greater needs elsewhere. I like him tho and i wouldnt be to mad about the pick.

#60 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Carl nicks wasn't even drafted until the 5th round.
Logan Makins was 32 picked
Jahri Evans was a 4th round pick
Josh Sitton was a 4th round pick
Chris Snee was a 2nd round pick
Kris Dielman wasn't drafted
Eric Steinbach was a 2nd round pick
Chris Kemoeatu was a 6th round pick
Brian Waters wasn't drafted
Brandon Moore wasn't drafted

These were the best guards in Football do you notice a pattern?

Only 1 was a 1st round pick. Their are more undrafted then 2nd round picks.

Why waste a pick on a guard when you have 4-5 player on the roster at that position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.