- - - - -

Don't be surprised when Carolina goes Offensive Line in the first..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Carl nicks wasn't even drafted until the 5th round.
Logan Makins was 32 picked
Jahri Evans was a 4th round pick
Josh Sitton was a 4th round pick
Chris Snee was a 2nd round pick
Kris Dielman wasn't drafted
Eric Steinbach was a 2nd round pick
Chris Kemoeatu was a 6th round pick
Brian Waters wasn't drafted
Brandon Moore wasn't drafted

These were the best guards in Football do you notice a pattern?

Only 1 was a 1st round pick. Their are more undrafted then 2nd round picks.

Why waste a pick on a guard when you have 4-5 player on the roster at that position.

I agree, at the end of the day i would still prefer defense. Brockers or Jenkins.

#62 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well, only 32 players get drafted in the first round, and then you have 200+ drafted afterwards, so it is easy to say that about most positions. All I am saying, in a world of uncertainty, and those 4-5 players (including the 2 starters) deserve to be restructured/cut/upgraded, so why not, at the #9 spot, take the SURE THING? Its just an option. Plus, I like protection for Cam Newton, and he can play any interior spot on the line.

#63 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Well, only 32 players get drafted in the first round, and then you have 200+ drafted afterwards, so it is easy to say that about most positions. All I am saying, in a world of uncertainty, and those 4-5 players (including the 2 starters) deserve to be restructured/cut/upgraded, so why not, at the #9 spot, take the SURE THING? Its just an option. Plus, I like protection for Cam Newton, and he can play any interior spot on the line.

You can't say Hogan (who played in 2 games none as a starter) should be a starter and we don't need CB in 1 thread. Then come back and say that it's so uncertain to give 4-5 guys a chance at guard. A position which I've shown is mostly dominated by late round picks.

If i did more reserch I bet I could find that the guard position has always been better filled by late round picks.

Evan Matis was a all pro guard 2011 our former 3rd round pick.

The problem with you whole thing here is most teams find all pro, pro bowl, and 10 year starter guards in late rounds.

If you want a 10 year sure fire starter then why not draft a punter in the 1st round?

#64 pantherj

pantherj

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

I think Reiff will be there at #9, not that I want him.

#65 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for that breakdown. None of the 4-5 guys on the roster, are better than Decastro. The problem USED to be not giving a guard that type of money, and yes, its a theory to pay less money for the interior of your line.... but not anymore and the new CBA makes it more logical to use a #9 pick on a OG.

The punter idea is silly, and does not warrant a response. I think Decastro would be a good pick at #9 for us, and would make us better... I am not saying we should or shouldnt, but I would not be upset with it. I think CB is def a good idea as well. However, Decastro is sure fire, and Kirkpatrick and Jenkins have question marks... and so does anyone on the DL too... Thats all I am saying.