22 replies to this topic

#1 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

The Pinterest thread got me to thinking.... Is anyone else annoyed by social media redundancy? You know, the people that put the same exact update in their Facebook feed, their Twitter feed, their Google+ feed (I know, who uses that anyway?), etc. Quite a few of the people that I'm Facebook friends with, I also follow on Twitter and I see this happen all of the time. It really gets annoying.

For my own part, I try to keep them separated. Facebook is for my mundane, daily updates. Twitter is for my quirky and/or raunchy random thoughts or sports-related diatribes. Google+ is for... OK, I don't really use Google+. I see people doing this with Pinterest now, apparently. If whatever you're tweeting or pinteresting is going on your Facebook, then what is the point of having the Twitter and/or Pinterest account?

Ugh.

Back to MySpace and Friendster with this guy!

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have a redundant Huddle/Facebook feed.

#3 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

No, mainly because I've never seen a reason to follow amyones twitter ramblings.

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,322 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is my opinion...

Facebook is good for catching up with old friends/classmates and stalking hot chicks.

Twitter is good for specific events... football games, TV shows, etc. that you want to talk about in real time, and for things like news/updates/scores, etc.

Google + is totally redundant and useless.

Myspace is... dead.

These people that sit and post "dropped the kids off at school" and other daily nonsense are stupid be it facebook, twitter or anything else.

#5 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Only do it if I find a funny video/picture or something. Posts word for word...not so much

#6 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I have been friends with this one girl for a little over a year...about 7 months ago..she started dating this new guy...

she now posts how much she loves him on his page..every possible awesome thing they're doing at the moment and every time their dogs are asleep and cuddling together

I am slowly beginning to despise her...of course I'm happy that she found a good guy, but do we all need to know a fuging play by play of your relationship???

I have actually now unsubscribed from her completely because reading her crap is seriously making me want to stab her in the eyeball. I'm honestly not on there that much..but she posts THAT often

*sigh*

#7 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have been friends with this one girl for a little over a year...about 7 months ago..she started dating this new guy...

she now posts how much she loves him on his page..every possible awesome thing they're doing at the moment and every time their dogs are asleep and cuddling together

I am slowly beginning to despise her...of course I'm happy that she found a good guy, but do we all need to know a fuging play by play of your relationship???

I have actually now unsubscribed from her completely because reading her crap is seriously making me want to stab her in the eyeball. I'm honestly not on there that much..but she posts THAT often

*sigh*

lol

#8 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,145 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Twitter has taken over IMO as sadly the best news source around. Even with things like the Sandusky scandal, Twitter was blowing up about things on campus before CNN, ESPN, etc. even knew about them and they were using Twitter to get info.

Facebook is to waste time/stalk people.

Google+, just no.

Myspace- LULZ

#9 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

It took me about 5 years to join FB so I imagine I should be joining the Twitter community sometime in late 2014.

#10 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I only use facebook...so no redundancy for me...other than you assholes

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

i find all of it inane as hell.... so i don't use any social media.

#12 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

i find all of it inane as hell.... so i don't use any social media.

When myspace came out, I was pretty big into that. I joined Facebook when everyone quit using myspace, and now I am just bored with all of it.

I might check my facebook page once a month now.

#13 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

yea... the huddle is my social media now... which is why i have these boils on my hands.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,307 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

It took me about 5 years to join FB so I imagine I should be joining the Twitter community sometime in late 2014.

I use facebook for friends.

Twitter, I use strictly as a sports/news feed. Therefore there is no overlap. I highly recommend Twitter for sports news/talk.

#15 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

I've unsubscribed from so many of my "friends'" feeds that it would probably be better if I just deactivated...

Most any status update I have contributed recently has been a music video, which I'm pretty sure none of my "friends" care about either... lol...

If anything, Facebook has made me lose more faith in the human population...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com