Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donald LaFell

Good web design forum???

14 posts in this topic

I'm a noob web design major and I'm looking for a forum to go to when I have weird wacky problems that I could use advice on.

It seems odd that I'm asking advice on this but i feel like so many of these forums I find on google might not be the best and it would actually be better to just ask by word of mouth.

If you're having problems with something then stack overflow. For ideas and articles there are plenty like noupe and psdtuts.

Yea def stackoverflow. Are you looking for help in actual design or in front-end development?

Yeah, then definitely stackoverflow - make sure you include all necessary tags in your posts so more people can see it. (HMTL, CSS, Javascript, etc...)

Also, (though not endorsed by the W3C itself) W3Schools has some pretty useful tutorials. A lot of developers shun the site however since it isn't associated with the W3C and has a few tutorials that use bloat code. However, I find it a good resource and reference from time to time.

I've never done anything with swfobject but can you not just wrap it in a div and show/hide the div?