Photo
- - - - -

Good web design forum???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

hmm, when you call the startNewPuzzle function and use:

swfobject.removeSWF("myytplayer");

it completely kills the initialized SWF it seems like. Like natty said, you could put the call to embed the SWFObject into a separate div and utilize like a flipper.

Looking at the API (I haven't messed with SWF either in a while) it seems like it will only re-initialize on a refresh. What happens if you re-register the object after you kill it in your startNewPuzzle function?

#12 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

I've never done anything with swfobject but can you not just wrap it in a div and show/hide the div?

I tried putting a div(for the video) outside the div(image) that holds my images but when the removeSWF object executes it removes everything inside the div(video) as well as the div(video) itself.

At first I made the swfObject equal to my variable hangPicElement and the ID for the embedSWF object was picID but that would take everything out.

The show/hide div thing sounds like it might work I don't think we learned that much we just learned enough html/css to not be totally helpless then went into js

#13 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

hmm, when you call the startNewPuzzle function and use:

swfobject.removeSWF("myytplayer");

it completely kills the initialized SWF it seems like. Like natty said, you could put the call to embed the SWFObject into a separate div and utilize like a flipper.

Looking at the API (I haven't messed with SWF either in a while) it seems like it will only re-initialize on a refresh. What happens if you re-register the object after you kill it in your startNewPuzzle function?

I'll try that soon right now there seems to have been a problem with my website I'm not quite sure what happened. my code didn't update from the other day and it's broken at the moment.

EDIT: I missed a comma when trying your idea so it messed up my initialize function lol

Thanks for your help!

#14 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Between Stack Overflow and Experts Exchange you should be able to get anything you need answered.