Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death Penalty

135 posts in this topic

Posted

Was it your joke telling ability?

Oooh, sick burn.

CH 7

SSM 0.

I'm from Oklahoma.

SSM 70

CH 7

Posted

That's a Texas Tech score. Obviously your math skills are from Oklahoma, though.

Posted

That's a Texas Tech score. Obviously your math skills are from Oklahoma, though.

Just remember I fully support the death penalty.

Posted

I would say that life in prison without parole is a pretty serious reprecussion. You ever been in a maximum security prison?

quite obviously it isn't because there are murders constantly still occuring!!!

and no, I haven't been...and maybe it's rougher and tougher than I pretend to think I know it is, but I guarantdamntee you, it's way easier than burying a loved one!

Posted

WE HAVE TO PROTECT THIS UNBORN CHILD AND VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WILL INSURE THERE IS NO WELFARE NET TO PROTECT HIM FROM A CIRCUMSTANCE WE FORCED HIM TO BE BORN INTO!

18 years later (15 in texas)

KILL THIS MOTHERf*ckER

The opposite sounds just as whacky.

Kill the baby....but save the murderer.

Posted

I find it confusing that people can't understand the want to protect the unborn, and still want ultimate justice for the monsters that perpetrate the most heinous acts against humanity. I find the two quite separate...As a pro-lifer...I'm very much for putting monsters down once and for all...They forfeit their right to live when they rob someone of their right to live. And I believe it would be a deterent if we didn't drag it out for so long and give people a belief that even if they commit the most atrocious act, they will live long enough to have the sentence commuted.

Posted

The Ultimate Punishment? Never took you for an atheist.

Posted

I find it confusing that people can't understand the want to protect the unborn, and still want ultimate justice for the monsters that perpetrate the most heinous acts against humanity. I find the two quite separate...As a pro-lifer...I'm very much for putting monsters down once and for all...They forfeit their right to live when they rob someone of their right to live. And I believe it would be a deterent if we didn't drag it out for so long and give people a belief that even if they commit the most atrocious act, they will live long enough to have the sentence commuted.

Sorry but pro life means you hold all life sacred.

Posted

and no, I haven't been...and maybe it's rougher and tougher than I pretend to think I know it is, but I guarantdamntee you, it's way easier than burying a loved one!

People do not think about death vs. life in prison when they kill, if they think at all - all they think about is getting caught vs. not getting caught. Neither is a more effective deterrent than the other. Again, revenge is the only motivation here, and didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek? If you are a Christian, you HAVE to be against the death penalty, as only God should control life or death.

I'm not a religious person, so I approach it from the angle that our judicial system is too screwed up to be entrusted with this kind of decision. Want to make prison tougher? Sure, why not. Streamline and eliminate a lot of the parole and early release programs? OK, as long as we are willing to pay for the extra prison cells, courts, etc. But state sanctioned murder is just simply wrong; most of the civilized world understands and accepts this idea, but we still have too much of a cowboy mentality to grasp this fully.

Posted

Texas has more executions than any state, yet they still have murders occurring. And to take it a step further, if you kill someone in Saudi Arabia, they try you on Wednesday, and take you to the public square on Friday and chop off your head in public. And yet, they still have murders. Not as much as some other places, but thats primarily because its a police state with armed cops on about every corner.

Posted

Sorry but pro life means you hold all life sacred.

OK, then...I don't hold the life of violent murderers sacred...They forfeited that right.

Posted

People do not think about death vs. life in prison when they kill, if they think at all - all they think about is getting caught vs. not getting caught. Neither is a more effective deterrent than the other. Again, revenge is the only motivation here, and didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek? If you are a Christian, you HAVE to be against the death penalty, as only God should control life or death.I'm not a religious person, so I approach it from the angle that our judicial system is too screwed up to be entrusted with this kind of decision. Want to make prison tougher? Sure, why not. Streamline and eliminate a lot of the parole and early release programs? OK, as long as we are willing to pay for the extra prison cells, courts, etc. But state sanctioned murder is just simply wrong; most of the civilized world understands and accepts this idea, but we still have too much of a cowboy mentality to grasp this fully.

You have not right to TELL a Christian what they should believe. You don't like to be told what to believe, so at least practice what you preach.