Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Widow

Death Penalty

135 posts in this topic

why have rules if there aren't serious repercussions to breaking them?

great idea...how about you and me pay for a convicted murderer or rapist to sit around in prison for the rest of his life, maybe let him get a university degree...shoot some pool, watch a couple movies on his new lcd tv while he waits for his girlfriend/wife to come over for a screw....meanwhile, across town, some woman brings her kids to lay some fresh flowers at daddy's grave site or some mom and dad go for a visit at their 17 year old daughters grave. f*ck em....make them pay the price and get it done in a timely fashion!

I would say that life in prison without parole is a pretty serious reprecussion. You ever been in a maximum security prison? I spent a week in one doing some work, and what i found out was it was not the leisurely life you are trying to make it out to be, and also that in the vast majority of the people I talked to who committed murder, rape, arson, etc. heavy drug use was involved (or other external factors). It happens that there are some people who are just born to kill, but most of the murderers I had the opportunity to work with got themselves in really bad situations that went awry, and even though I did not have any pity on them for what they got themselves into (and neither did they) I don't think that killing them would have been the right decision. Lots of these guys do get prison jobs and end up contributing something back to the state, which is more than could probably be said before they were locked up.

The government should never be in the revenge business. It does suck sometimes to not get that feeling of revenge I am sure, but killing someone else will not bring back someone who is already dead, and it's doubtful, to me at least, that capital punishment brings any actual long term relief to the victims families.

In the abstract I have no problem with the idea of "an eye for an eye" but in reality its a lot more complicated than that, just like the abortion argument.

What I find interesting here is the fact that "life" is listed as one of three inalienable rights, yet we give the death penalty out for some criminals as punishment.:confused5: What happened to inalienable?

If you kill somebody you should lose your inalienable rights. And after being found guilty, taken out back of the courthouse and shot. No wasted money except the bullet and then that wasn't a waste.

Main Entry: in·alien·able

Pronunciation: \(ˌ)i-ˈnāl-yə-nə-bəl, -ˈnā-lē-ə-nə-\

Function: adjective

Etymology: probably from French inaliénable, from in- + aliénable alienable

Date: circa 1645

: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred <inalienable rights>

— in·alien·abil·i·ty \-ˌnāl-yə-nə-ˈbi-lə-tē, -ˌnā-lē-ə-nə-\ noun

— in·alien·ably \-ˈnāl-yə-nə-blē, -ˈnā-lē-ə-nə-\ adverb

Jangler by definition your idea cannot work. The Founding Fathers must have chosen that word for a reason.

I'm against it. Fact is, one innocent life isn't worth "Paying" back thousands, ESPECIALLY, and this is the big reason, when we have full control over it.

Every week I hear about someone getting released from prison because of bad evidence, or DNA etc. Juries get skewed and cops legally can trick people into giving confessions, and a lot of times these people are mentally ill and cops take advantage of them and get confessions, or convince them they did it.

What needs to happen is, prison needs to be more scary. Take out all the weight benches and things like that, make it where the only activity a prisoner gets is to benefit society, that he owes. Maybe drop them all on a island somewhere and let them fend for themselves, or let them fight for their country to earn freedom back (Maybe not murderers though).

The system is flawed to begin with, people that evade taxes get put with rapists, murders get out before armed robbers, etc, etc, it needs fixed, and people need to be put where they belong.

I believe some people are better off dead.

Of course I'm for alot of things you folks would get your panties all in a wad over.

There is no easy answer here. I doubt anyone on this board had a problem with Timothy McVeigh getting the gas. On the other hand, I bet there are a hundred cases every year where people get the death penalty declaring their innocence, and if we on this board had to make the call we couldn't do it.

There is no easy answer here. I doubt anyone on this board had a problem with Timothy McVeigh getting the gas. On the other hand, I bet there are a hundred cases every year where people get the death penalty declaring their innocence, and if we on this board had to make the call we couldn't do it.

I kind of do, because I don't think he acted alone, no way.

I don't care if he had help. He drove up and left a bomb that killed hundreds of people. Coward didn't even stay there.

Some states stopped them when there was in inmate or two who got hit while picking up trash or developed heat stroke.

:mad:

Oh well one more way to "pay" for their crime! F*ck it!

So you aren't pro life I take it...

Read the thread before you post Mr. Turdy avatar sir.

What he said...

I AM pro life. There is no way I support abortion (which is another topic).

why have rules if there aren't serious repercussions to breaking them?

great idea...how about you and me pay for a convicted murderer or rapist to sit around in prison for the rest of his life, maybe let him get a university degree...shoot some pool, watch a couple movies on his new lcd tv while he waits for his girlfriend/wife to come over for a screw....meanwhile, across town, some woman brings her kids to lay some fresh flowers at daddy's grave site or some mom and dad go for a visit at their 17 year old daughters grave. f*ck em....make them pay the price and get it done in a timely fashion!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

you guys need to watch Lockup on MSNBC. you have a seriously delusional idea of what prison is like.

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: And that isn't watered down bullshit???? Come on... be smarter than that......... Thats public TV. Go watch some TRU tv and then tell me what you think........

I would say that life in prison without parole is a pretty serious reprecussion. You ever been in a maximum security prison? I spent a week in one doing some work, and what i found out was it was not the leisurely life you are trying to make it out to be, and also that in the vast majority of the people I talked to who committed murder, rape, arson, etc. heavy drug use was involved (or other external factors). It happens that there are some people who are just born to kill, but most of the murderers I had the opportunity to work with got themselves in really bad situations that went awry, and even though I did not have any pity on them for what they got themselves into (and neither did they) I don't think that killing them would have been the right decision. Lots of these guys do get prison jobs and end up contributing something back to the state, which is more than could probably be said before they were locked up.

The government should never be in the revenge business. It does suck sometimes to not get that feeling of revenge I am sure, but killing someone else will not bring back someone who is already dead, and it's doubtful, to me at least, that capital punishment brings any actual long term relief to the victims families.

In the abstract I have no problem with the idea of "an eye for an eye" but in reality its a lot more complicated than that, just like the abortion argument.

Drug use is probably the number one cause of crimes committed, which doing drugs is a crime in itself. That is no excuse. It is a choice to do drugs just as much as it is a choice to kill.

People are NOT born to kill. Did Dalmer and McVeigh start killing people when they were 3? I think not. It can be helped with counseling, therapy, etc etc.

It depends on the family though. If one of my family members was brutially killed, I would have no problem with the person frying. No it wouldn't bring my family member back, but it would be justice in MY eyes.

Like I stated earlier, I knew several people in the OKC bombing. I watched his ass fry and enjoyed it. He got what he deserved.

He didn't act alone, and the other guy that helped him has been convicted.

I don't care if he had help. He drove up and left a bomb that killed hundreds of people. Coward didn't even stay there.

So does that mean that the Terrorists who blew themselves up to kill thousands of innocent people are not cowardly? Don't think so. I think all are cowards no matter what.