Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Widow

Death Penalty

135 posts in this topic

Barbaric how? The way we do it??? Try living in Iraq and getting your hand chopped off for stealing an apple from the local market. THAT'S barbaric.

yes let us debate which forms of institutionalized murder are better

personally i find the chinese are the most humane in how they systematically execute their prisoners, since they just do it with a bullet to the back of the head, and don't allow for those messy instances where prisoners are immune to the anesthesia and have to feel their heart get burned from the inside out.

hopefully someday Americans can be as humane as the Chinese when murdering their own people

Who are we to play God?

should the burden be on the tax payers to keep these folks alive in prison (cost of food, shelter, clothing, medication)?

I find those that are pro life and pro death penalty somewhat confusing.

They also tend to be anti-euthanasia as well.

A head scratcher for me.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this issue.

I think for the most part the practice is barbaric, and as currently used not a deterrant.

So if we go ahead and ADMIT that this is good ol' fashioned frontier justice....fine.

I think many people unfamiliar with the criminal justice system ASSUME that the vast majority of guys on death row are innocent. Framed up. Didn't do it.

This simply isn't the case.

SOME, yes.....which makes me say the death penalty, if it fries ONE innocent person, is wrong.

NOW, the FACT is, quite a few cases are very much cut and dried. NOT like on tv. The facts of the case ARE NOT in dispute. The guilty are either caught red-handed, or have even admitted to the crime. With NO shoddy police work.

A case that my brother recently was peripherally involved in had a woman and her two accomplices found guilty of murdering a woman for her unborn baby.

Performed a crude c-section in which the baby survived.....so that she could have a baby of her own.

She and both of her accomplices admitted to the crime and showed absolutely NO remorse for the crime.

In cases where the crime is heinous, the facts are not in dispute, or the defendant admits to the crime, and/or the guilty are caught red-handed, I believe very swift, expedited trial and capital punishment is acceptable.

I simply say this because I can't figure out WHY a lengthy incarceration at taxpayer expense makes any sense. The person has forfeited their right to live by their actions.

Again, my opinion.

And as I stated, I do waffle a bit on this one.

If anything, I hate inconsistency, and when I put myself in the place of someone that has lost a loved one to violence, I know that in my heart I would not be satisfied knowing that the person was still eating meals, watching tv, and working out, maybe even enjoying a bit o' prison lovin' while my loved one is gone.

Honest opinion.

should the burden be on the tax payers to keep these folks alive in prison (cost of food, shelter, clothing, medication)?

nope sorry death penalty cases, in the end, are always more expensive

WE HAVE TO PROTECT THIS UNBORN CHILD AND VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WILL INSURE THERE IS NO WELFARE NET TO PROTECT HIM FROM A CIRCUMSTANCE WE FORCED HIM TO BE BORN INTO!

18 years later (15 in texas)

KILL THIS MOTHERfugER

They also tend to be anti-euthanasia as well.

A head scratcher for me.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this issue.

I think for the most part the practice is barbaric, and as currently used not a deterrant.

So if we go ahead and ADMIT that this is good ol' fashioned frontier justice....fine.

I think many people unfamiliar with the criminal justice system ASSUME that the vast majority of guys on death row are innocent. Framed up. Didn't do it.

This simply isn't the case.

SOME, yes.....which makes me say the death penalty, if it fries ONE innocent person, is wrong.

NOW, the FACT is, quite a few cases are very much cut and dried. NOT like on tv. The facts of the case ARE NOT in dispute. The guilty are either caught red-handed, or have even admitted to the crime. With NO shoddy police work.

A case that my brother recently was peripherally involved in had a woman and her two accomplices found guilty of murdering a woman for her unborn baby.

Performed a crude c-section in which the baby survived.....so that she could have a baby of her own.

She and both of her accomplices admitted to the crime and showed absolutely NO remorse for the crime.

In cases where the crime is heinous, the facts are not in dispute, or the defendant admits to the crime, and/or the guilty are caught red-handed, I believe very swift, expedited trial and capital punishment is acceptable.

I simply say this because I can't figure out WHY a lengthy incarceration at taxpayer expense makes any sense. The person has forfeited their right to live by their actions.

Again, my opinion.

And as I stated, I do waffle a bit on this one.

If anything, I hate inconsistency, and when I put myself in the place of someone that has lost a loved one to violence, I know that in my heart I would not be satisfied knowing that the person was still eating meals, watching tv, and working out, maybe even enjoying a bit o' prison lovin' while my loved one is gone.

Honest opinion.

What he said

how much does a plugged in toaster and a full bath tub cost? or would a bullet be cheaper?