Panthers helmet outside the combine interview room

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Black absorbs heat, white reflects heat... conduct the experiment I suggested and you'll understand.

As far as hard data, I don't know if there is any to support it - but it's pretty easy to understand that wearing white feels better on a hot day.

there is plenty of data to back it. Black simply absorbs much more heat and energy than white.

#62 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,835 posts

So by new helmets I guess JR meant that a new logo makes it a new helmet? So, by that logic, we now have new uniforms! Everyone wins!

#63 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts

black or white helmet would look much better in my opinion. oh well, can't do anything about it now

#64 The Saw

The Saw

Also a Panther fan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Ick.

#65 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Black absorbs heat, white reflects heat... conduct the experiment I suggested and you'll understand.

As far as hard data, I don't know if there is any to support it - but it's pretty easy to understand that wearing white feels better on a hot day.

You're either don't understand or simply don't wish to. This has nothing to do with me standing in the sun.

This has to do with if the color of the Panthers uniforms affecting their play and either providing an advantage or disadvantage. There is no evidence to say that it does. None. In fact, some of the best teams in the league have black uniforms, that they wear quite often.

Soldiers don't wear wife beaters and boy shorts.

#66 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

there is plenty of data to back it. Black simply absorbs much more heat and energy than white.

I meant data to back up the idea that the Panthers play better on a hot day in white uniforms.

#67 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

You're either don't understand or simply don't wish to. This has nothing to do with me standing in the sun.

This has to do with if the color of the Panthers uniforms affecting their play and either providing an advantage or disadvantage. There is no evidence to say that it does. None. In fact, some of the best teams in the league have black uniforms, that they wear quite often.

Soldiers don't wear wife beaters and boy shorts.

LOL, so you don't think being hot has anything to do with athletic performance?

It has everything to do with standing in the sun since we play outdoors at home... name me another team that plays outdoors at home in primarily black uniforms in a climate like Charlotte?

Soldiers wear camo because they don't want to die. If they could get away with wearing white t-shirts and shorts, I'm sure they would.

Edited by CatMan72, 23 February 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#68 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Am I actually arguing about whether or not it's a good idea to wear black on a hot day?

#69 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

I don't think black jerseys will affect the players as the temperature will.

It doesn't matter if it's hot as poo outside, white jerseys won't help that.

#70 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Anybody who thinks there's no difference between wearing black or white on a hot day needs to conduct the experiment I suggested and then come back and tell us how there was no difference.

#71 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the image is printed on a set of closed vertical blinds.

Yeah, my point was everybody is getting bent out of shape of a picture stuck on a window. :thumbsup:

#72 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

LOL, so you don't think being hot has anything to do with athletic performance?

It has everything to do with standing in the sun since we play outdoors at home... name me another team that plays outdoors at home in primarily black uniforms in a climate like Charlotte?

Soldiers wear camo because they don't want to die. If they could get away with wearing white t-shirts and shorts, I'm sure they would.

There is no evidence to dictate that it contributes. Zero. You have none. You just keep saying "it's just common sense brah."

Jacksonville. Oakland. Baltimore. That also doesn't include teams with black jerseys that dedicate themselves to wearing them eight times a year, regardless of where they play, rather than 3. (that's not even the full list of teams with black jerseys btw, just those with comparable climates or teams with non-black uniforms that are very dark all the same)

These soldiers are in Massachusetts-they wear these uniforms year 'round.
Posted Image
They aren't trying to not-die.

#73 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

There is no evidence to dictate that it contributes. Zero. You have none. You just keep saying "it's just common sense brah."

Jacksonville. Oakland. Baltimore. That also doesn't include teams with black jerseys that dedicate themselves to wearing them eight times a year, regardless of where they play, rather than 3. (that's not even the full list of teams with black jerseys btw, just those with comparable climates or teams with non-black uniforms that are very dark all the same)

These soldiers are in Massachusetts-they wear these uniforms year 'round.
Posted Image
They aren't trying to not-die.

So Oakland and Baltimore are comparable climates to Charlotte?

Baltimore's close, but Oakland? You've never been to Northern Cali, have you?

This discussion is silly, your asking for proof that it feels better to wear white on a hot day then it does black... LOL

I keep saying it's common sense - because it's common sense.

I have no idea what military uniforms have to do with this?

Edited by CatMan72, 23 February 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#74 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

people can really be as stupid as Cat'sGrowl?

#75 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

So Oakland and Baltimore are comparable climates to Charlotte?

Baltimore's close, but Oakland? You've never been to Northern Cali, have you?

This discussion is silly, your asking for proof that it feels better to wear white on a hot day then it does black... LOL

I keep saying it's common sense - because it's common sense.

I have no idea what military uniforms have to do with this?

No, I'm not asking for that. You keep saying that because you can't provide any evidence that black puts the team at a disadvantage over whites, and you know it, so you resort to ignorance. When you can provide some evidence that white uniforms benefit us over black uniforms, then you'll have a valid argument. Until then, you're just playing the fool.

Before you respond with your typical response "bro, black is hotter than white, go change your shirt and you'll see" I'll emphasize what I'm saying so you can't continue to masquerade in the apparent bliss of your ignorance-noone is saying that black isn't hotter than white. We're saying that white has been proven to provide no distinct advantage over black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.