Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The religious right is America's Taliban

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think one could argue there are more similarities than differences.

How does that sit with you?

Posted · Report post

Yep, those damn Lutherans and their suicide bombings!!!!!!!!!!

Please.........

Posted · Report post

Far right could be considered such. Being they try and use religion as a tool to control the masses and such. Same could be said for the far left who believe religion is the most awful thing on earth.

In the end this will become the typical "Lolz! U Sux cux you go to church thread and I will ignore it as usual"

Posted · Report post

Lutherans don't think their best interests are best served with suicide bombings. Turn the tables and who knows.

Not saying I agree with it, but I've seen it mentioned and thought it was an interesting concept.

Posted · Report post

I'm going back to my "burying a turd in the new Cowboy stadium parking lot" thread.....

Posted · Report post

As long as they aren't blowing up statues of Ronald McDonald, this is America, let them say what they want.(fuggin bigots) They are only preaching to the choir anyway.

Posted · Report post

If they were as organized as the taliban and committed as much violence as the taliban and formed militias like the taliban, then maybe.

Posted · Report post

Eh, not really. There are some cases they drink from the same well, but the Taliban is a criminal organization.

When the religious right here starts stoning people at halftime at NFL games come talk to me.

Posted · Report post

When religion and politics jump in bed together, you get conflict.

Do I think some radical right wingers might like a Christian version of Sharia? Yes. Have they succeeded? Yes, to a certain extent.

The shambles that is the ® party is the result. Luckily it only took down a party, not our country.

Posted · Report post

Try thinking about what they are instead of what they do. What they do is more effected by the environment they're in.

Posted · Report post

Try thinking about what they are instead of what they do. What they do is more effected by the environment they're in.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me.

Posted · Report post

Eh, not really. There are some cases they drink from the same well, but the Taliban is a criminal organization.

When the religious right here starts stoning people at halftime at NFL games come talk to me.

They're no more a criminal organization than any other governing body.