Photo
- - - - -

The religious right is America's Taliban

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#73 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

and yet party animal you are going to get guys who would never back anyone in a foxhole and try to argue with you.
They probably heard their godlike professor say something like this and think it must be true.
Paying your own way thru school makes you dig a little deeper..

1) I paid my own gotdam way thru more school years than many people on this site have been ALIVE. Plus interest.

2) My contrarian nature would never allow me to think any professor knows anything about anything other than how to dress poorly in sportcoats with patches on the elbow.

3) While I respect the opinion of someone in the fighting hole more than most, I feel it is the nature of our great country to even HAVE discussions like this, whether you volunteered to defend her or not. It doesn't make his opinion right, or wrong.

4) I stand by my opinion that Deac is simply defending the religion of his choosing. That's fine. But if you can't see the difference between communism in it's most fanatical form, and ANY religion in it's fanatical form (ie an all encompassing cultural revolution vs. a jihad or crusade), then I can't help you, and yes, you are wrong.

5) The OP is simply a comparison of religious fanaticism. The Taliban is probably a decade or two away from developing the political subtlety that our religious right has developed. A mellowing if you will. But it wasn't that damn long ago that people were burned at the stake. Religions evolve and adapt, like any good meme. But the fundamentalism is worthy of comparison.....provided you aren't afraid to admit both past and present wrongdoings.

#74 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Yes it is settled. You guys are wrong and I am right, as is usually the case. :)

so wait, are you the taliban or the khmer rouge?

#75 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

so wait, are you the taliban or the khmer rouge?

I am a Wake Forest fundamentalist. You must all worship Tim Duncan and Jim Grobe.

#76 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

I am a Wake Forest fundamentalist. You must all worship Tim Duncan and Jim Grobe.

you aren't fitting into my boxes very well...

/I WILL NEVER WORSHIP TIM DUNCAN!