and yet party animal you are going to get guys who would never back anyone in a foxhole and try to argue with you.
They probably heard their godlike professor say something like this and think it must be true.
Paying your own way thru school makes you dig a little deeper..
1) I paid my own gotdam way thru more school years than many people on this site have been ALIVE. Plus interest.
2) My contrarian nature would never allow me to think any professor knows anything about anything other than how to dress poorly in sportcoats with patches on the elbow.
3) While I respect the opinion of someone in the fighting hole more than most, I feel it is the nature of our great country to even HAVE discussions like this, whether you volunteered to defend her or not. It doesn't make his opinion right, or wrong.
4) I stand by my opinion that Deac is simply defending the religion of his choosing. That's fine. But if you can't see the difference between communism in it's most fanatical form, and ANY religion in it's fanatical form (ie an all encompassing cultural revolution vs. a jihad or crusade), then I can't help you, and yes, you are wrong.
5) The OP is simply a comparison of religious fanaticism. The Taliban is probably a decade or two away from developing the political subtlety that our religious right has developed. A mellowing if you will. But it wasn't that damn long ago that people were burned at the stake. Religions evolve and adapt, like any good meme. But the fundamentalism is worthy of comparison.....provided you aren't afraid to admit both past and present wrongdoings.