Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NJPanthers89

Draft day headache?

80 posts in this topic

For me it's either Brockers or trade down. I feel we can still get Janoris Jenkins if we trade down. I would love #9 for #17 and #53 from the Bengals. I think that is our best bet for a trade. I don't feel that Cincy would give both their 1st round picks.

Is it that hard to believe that the Panthers may have Trent Richardson higher on their draft board than Brockers or Coples? If it comes down to it I think Hurney is going to be fighting himself not to take his BPA. Richardson makes as much sense for the Panthers as Blackmon does.

Everyone wants Blackmon because Smitty might be gone soon, and it gets Cam another weapon. Richardson does the same thing except we don't have to overpay for Stewart, and we have a potential beast of a RB to go along with Cam for the next 8 years minimum ( so you hope ).

Richardson makes zero sense. We already have too many runners.

Blackmon makes more sense. We have an aging stud WR and it is a passing league. We finally have a franchise QB that will need a stud WR well after Smitty is gone.

We got RBs to last years to come and they are easy to find. WRs aren't easy to find as we have found out over the years.

So do you go with Brockers or Coples? Another headache to deal with..

Is it that hard to believe that the Panthers may have Trent Richardson higher on their draft board than Brockers or Coples? If it comes down to it I think Hurney is going to be fighting himself not to take his BPA. Richardson makes as much sense for the Panthers as Blackmon does.

Everyone wants Blackmon because Smitty might be gone soon, and it gets Cam another weapon. Richardson does the same thing except we don't have to overpay for Stewart, and we have a potential beast of a RB to go along with Cam for the next 8 years minimum ( so you hope ).

Why would we draft a RB when we have 3 runners with over 100 carries for last season averaging over 5 YPC? Why play Richardson 2/3 of what Jstew would get in a new contract? Proven commodity is always better than unproven. Its more likely to pick blackmon than richardson due to the fact that you can play up 5 WR's on any given play. The most you can ever really play RB's is 2, but only one about 90% of the time. The reason the JPP pick worked even though they had tuck and Osi, is bc you always have 2 DE's on the field, and Tuck is easily able to play inside if the situation arises, making it possible for them to play 3 DE's at one time. Comparing the 2 situations(Richardson/JPP) isnt really relevant.

I hope we go D as well . Just for poos and giggles what if we had someone lined up to give us a high 2nd rounder for Stew. Ok then?

(No one will trade for DWill's contract)

I don't see how you can trade Stewart. Based on what we are running, Cam/Chud need him.

All that read option stuff isn't done w/ DWill (Cam wants that). That is Stewarts niche. He also provides the pass protection and recieving.

Based on the offense we are running, losing Stewart is a big blow. Would hurt to lose him right now without a RB who can do everything he does.

Offense gets worse. What is the 2nd rounder going to do?

Kiwanuka was also drafted by the Giants dont forget..

I think that we draft the BPA in our top need and I think that everyone would agree that our top need is Defense. The only question that's left is: 1) CB or 2) DT?

Kiwanuka was also drafted by the Giants dont forget..

Kiwanuka can play OLB in a 4-3 or a DE. He is now a full time OLB unless have and injury and need him on the line.

Has Jerry got a son in this draft? I thought he learned his lesson in nepotism a few years ago.

It depends on whose there at #9. If Blackmon is there you take him, if Claiborne is there you take him but those two are pipedreams so I want Coples or Brockers. Trading down we could get Kirkpatrick or Jenkins but we can't reach and take either on with #9.

I hope we go D as well . Just for poos and giggles what if we had someone lined up to give us a high 2nd rounder for Stew. Ok then?

(No one will trade for DWill's contract)

So my options are:

a) A potentially great RB and the ~40th best player in the draft

or

b) A proven great RB and the 9th best player in the draft

I take JStew and the top 10 talent any day of the week.

1 person likes this

Brockers could end up being a bust and Richardson could end up being AP. Don't act like you know whoever we pick will be a great defensive player. That draft is still very much a crap shoot. Richardson is definitely a better prospect than either Brockers or Coples dont kid yourself.

For those arguing that Richardson wont help this year, i got news for you. Neither will Brockers or Coples.