#16 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

wow

the dookers just cannot stay away. I guess they forgot that a missed chippie at the buzzer almost gave them yet another home loss this season. Against VPI of all people too.

great game wa-whos. scrappy play and one decent player almost netted you another win this year. Almost.

P.S.
your game is ugly and you are a Wisconsin-level disgrace to the game of Basketball.

#17 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

You invade our threads so shut your mouth son. I was trying to give your team a little credit. You know all about last second shots though dont ya boy.

#18 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

You invade our threads so shut your mouth son. I was trying to give your team a little credit. You know all about last second shots though dont ya boy.

Uh-Ohhh dooker girl breakin bad (or so she thinks)

credit? like I would read your garbage anyway

you fvckers are pathetic and won't make the sweet 16.. again

#19 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Did you win anything last year? We have an acc championship from last year. What do you have from last year? an elite 8 appearence and a losing record against Duke. Congrats.

#20 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

ACC tourney champs, lmao

good for you.

number one seed yet after blowing by Hampton you eek out a lucky 2 point win against an 8-Michigan and then get blown the fvk out by Zona. Nice banner though. Some people just have their sights set a biiiiit higher than that young lady.

..haven't Kay and those clowns filled up Hansbrough Indoor with enough conference accolades yet? I mean there can't be much more room in that disgusting triplewide of a gymnasium.

whatever floats your boat dooker. beating UNC is the top of your priority list for a reason, you have to beat them to be considered legitimate. Always have. Always will. You weren't legit this year until you heaved up a 30 footer at the buzzer and you won't be legit unless you beat the Heels next year.

Face it, dook will always be 2nd at best. Which suits me because that is how I classify their fans, 2nd ... AT BEST!

#21 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Heaved? 30 footer? Try measured up a 7 ft dumbass got him to back off a drained a dagger in his mother fuging eye and then listened to holes fans cry about refs for a week straight?

#22 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Can't Duke fans come up with a better swipe at Heel fans than calling them "Holes fans"? Sounds like something a 2nd grader would come up with.

#23 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

As opposed to dook or dookies? I can call them losers in the game against Duke thats pretty good.

#24 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

I don't get where you people came up with Holes. your logic to that is that you think Heel sounds like Hole. And you just took out one E and replaced it with an o. Whereas Dook/Dewk actually sounds like Duke. But congrats on Coach K having a winning record against UNC, it only took him 32 years to achieve it. But in order for the Duke program to have a winning record against UNC, you would have to sweep us every year for 15 years. ;)

#25 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

"got him to back off"

lmao

"sized up a 7 foot dumbass"

lmao

the boy wonder was the recipient of a bad switch and once it registered he jumped back and heaved a prayer. And that 7 foot dumbass is a two time academic All-American ma'am.

You stupid dooker. you probably had already turned the channel anyway like the rest of your sorry ass fan base. You losers couldn't even sell out your own student section, all 50 seats of it, until dook heaved up that prayer. You crack me up little girl. You and "SUB-ZERO" your hero.

lmao

The refs were fine. The game was better than it should have been.

Dook won and their season is valid now. Congrats to them and their short man's mentality fans.

#26 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Short mans mentality? Theyve had more sucess then unc the last 25 years boy. Burns you up that things arent the way they used to be doesnt it?

#27 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

more success the last 25 years? ...I read an article a while back, hang on I'll go find it.

#28 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

One more final four one more championship. No article needed.

#29 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Get Behind Me Satan, Part 1–UNC vs. Duke

But the argument is muddied by the fact that for dookies, the terms program and coach are synonymous. As a result, introducing pre-Krzyzewski stats into the argument is simply not allowed by Duke fans. And for good reason. From 1920-1980, the Heels dominated Duke in regular season championships (21-10), conference championships (16-11), and head-to head record (93-65). Not to mention Carolina’s 1 national championship (2 if you count 1924) to Duke’s zero. In fact, for the historically-inclined, on a decade-by-decade basis, only the 2000s reflect a sizeable Duke advantage in the head-to-head win column (14-9), and only for the first half of the decade at that. (For those interested in the complete statistical comparison between the programs, see the first table below.)

Invariably, this mis-identification turns any Tobacco Road debate into a jumble of Duke-vs.-UNC and Krzyzewski-vs.-Dean arguments, so that when we ask, Who’s better, Duke or Carolina? we’re really asking two different questions: Which school has the better program? and Which school has the better coach? We’ll save the equally obvious answer to the latter question for a later date, and satisfy ourselves here with the former.

Although I’ve never fully understood why a discussion and comparison of two basketball programs’ successes shouldn’t include the entirety of that success, for the sake of debate we’ll start in 1980–the year Britain gave us the Eurythmics, the year Mel Gibson gave us Mad Max, and the year Durham gave us Coach K.

K’s tenure is divided into two sections: the Dean Smith era (1980-1997), and the post-Smith era (1997-present). A more detailed comparison of K and Dean is reserved for another post, but for now, it’s enough to say that the Smith era witnessed a continuation of the dominance displayed from 1920 to 1980. During these 17 seasons, Carolina posted more conference championships (6-3) and more regular season championships (8-5) than Duke, and maintained its supremacy in head-to-head competition (26-14, though K is responsible for only 24 of those losses). Both schools won two national championships.

It is only concerning the post-Smith era that Duke voices begin to crow over who rules the roost, or that those voices begin to attain a modicum of validity. Aside from a good run in the ’60s, 1999-2004 is the only extended period Duke can claim any clear dominance over the rivalry–a direct result of Carolina losing one of the best coaches in the history of the game. Primacy is often given to the most recent results, and Duke’s performance over the past decade certainly accounts for much of the noise coming out of Krzyzewskiville on this topic in recent years.

But if your recency bias ascribes primary importance to what’s happened lately–Who cares what happened 50 or 80 years ago? Duke is the best college basketball team in the current era!–then consider the last six seasons. From 2005 to the present, Carolina owns the regular season title battle (4-2), the national title battle (2-1), and head-to-head record (7-5). Duke maintains control of conference championships (4-2).

In fact, during the modern era (i.e. the last 30 years, i.e. the Krzyzewski era), the only major categories in which Duke enjoys an advantage over the Heels are NCAA Finals appearances, conference tournament championships, weeks in the top 10, weeks at No. 1, and seasons with a final ranking of 1, all by relatively slim margins. The Tar Heels equal or better the Devils in every other major category from Elite Eight appearances to regular season titles, from NCAA tournament wins to head-to-head record. (See the second table below for a full statistical illustration of how UNC has outmatched Duke throughout the Coach K era.) And this includes the post-Dean downtime.

Which brings up a point that can never be expressed in numbers. The North Carolina basketball program has maintained its edge despite suffering the aftershocks and repercussions of perhaps the greatest trauma that any program can undergo–the loss of the coach that had come to define it. The ability of Carolina basketball to weather Dean Smith’s retirement (the Heels still managed 2 Final Four runs, 4 20-win seasons, 1 regular season championship, and 1 ACC championship in the four years following Dean’s departure), suffer a brief but expected dip in performance and recruiting, then sign a soon-to-be Hall of Fame coach and return to national prominence by 2005 has cemented them as one of the best programs in the history of college basketball.

It is a test in resilience that Duke has yet to face. The nearest setback Duke has experienced to losing their coach for eternity is losing their coach for a season–or most of it anyway–when he was sidelined by back surgery in ’95, and we were given a glaring glimpse of what Duke without K is like. After playing for the national championship the previous year, Duke began the ’94-’95 season 9-3 (0-1) before losing K. They finished the season 4-15 (2-13), last in the conference and below .500 for the first time since K’s third year (I know y’all lost Grant Hill, but that’s a hell of a single-season turnaround–even Matt Doherty and Ed Davis are impressed).

Granted, K’s exit was an unexpected and unprepared-for hit, but it highlights the fact that Duke basketball remains unproven as to whether their program is more than just a coach. Duke fans can’t get through a UNC-Duke debate without gushing over “the genius of Coach K.” He is their default position in much the same way that Heels fans get criticized for falling back on Michael Jordan. But at least Jordan was a player, and if there is one thing Dean Smith would say about basketball programs, it’s that they’re defined not by one man, but by all the players who have chosen to be a part of that program.

#30 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

One more final four one more championship. No article needed.

introducing pre-Krzyzewski stats into the argument is simply not allowed by Duke fans. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.