Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Cam, Luck and RG3's 40 yard Dashes Compared

47 posts in this topic

Put them in pads and ask them to do the same thing again.

He's more than 2 inches taller and 15-20 pounds heavier (than MV7's combine weight).

And he's not a bonehead.

He'll be fine.

He still isn't built to run at this level nor does he run smart. Like Vick, his body isn't built to take punishment.

I agree, above the shoulders he has Vick but there are some similarities. He is more comparable to Vick than any recent mobile QB imo

Random side note; In 2009, RG3 had a 59 yard punt.

Wow, he is better than Tom Brady. His punt only went 48 this year

Yup, Cam is moving 250 lbs at that speed... both RG3 and Luck were impressive in the 40.

:D

Cam had some great runs last season but he hardly ever ran full out. His vision got those extra yards.

This is true, that long scramble against the Skins was a classic example.

He's more than 2 inches taller and 15-20 pounds heavier (than MV7's combine weight).

And he's not a bonehead.

He'll be fine.

Get over it.

Yeah, to quote some scouts, RG3 was super fast but for some reason had a knack for running towards defenders. Field vision is a necessary ingredient, and Cam's is downright ungodly.

Its like he has eyes that work 360 degrees.

I've seen him now in 14 games at Auburn and in 16 games at Carolina and, except for the times he leaps in the air and throws self-control to the wind, I've never seen him take a solid hit that HE didn't choose to serve.

Impressive, but neither will be a Cam Newton. In a few years they won't be mentioned in the same sentence.

I can't wait until Huddlers stop worrying about other QBs possibly being good. Such a complex the Huddle is starting to get.

i dont understand why people put so much weight on the 40. how often does a player have an opportunity to run 40 yards in a straight line?

I can't wait until Huddlers stop worrying about other QBs possibly being good. Such a complex the Huddle is starting to get.

It's not a worry. Hell, I'm excited that new talented QBs are coming into the league, just so Cam has someone to compete against. It's not the same if he's outshining a league full of Grossmans and Kolbs :cam:

i dont understand why people put so much weight on the 40. how often does a player have an opportunity to run 40 yards in a straight line?

Never, unless you're Cam, and it's Saturday, and you're playing the Bucs the day before Christmas.