24 replies to this topic

#1 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

This is a good news piece. Tell your kids no more lemonade stands. I remember selling lemonade as a kid and the police would stop by and buy from us. This world is crazy as hell now. More laws and more laws. For what?

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

And John Stossel never exaggerates anything.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Stories tell themselves and need no exaggeration.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Says the guy who thinks YouTubes are great evidence for anything.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Says the guy who thinks video evidence is great evidence for most things.

fify

#6 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Bitchy police chief, "We don't know who made the lemonade, we don't what it was made with. Sorry but even though you "guys" are young, you are breaking the law".

I would go off on that bitch. My girls have already done the lemonade stand once and are looking forward to doing it again this Spring. Nobody marches on my property and tells my kids what to do. That reaaaalllly pisses me off.

#7 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Bitchy police chief, "We don't know who made the lemonade, we don't what it was made with. Sorry but even though you "guys" are young, you are breaking the law".

I would go off on that bitch. My girls have already done the lemonade stand once and are looking forward to doing it again this Spring. Nobody marches on my property and tells my kids what to do. That reaaaalllly pisses me off.

But the government DOES do it anyways. Obviously CWG didn't watch the video. Of if he did, he agrees with all these laws.

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Out of 7 million lemonade stands, one or two involve assholes. Freaking deal with it.

#9 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Its not just about lemonade stands dude. Its about the over reaching of government. How about the couple that had their land taken away, even after they won their case?

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Since I'm not interested in investing my valulable time listening to John Stossel I can't speak about it. If you can provide some actual news links to cases I will take the time to have a look.

#11 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Whatever man. I don't like FOX or any mainstream news because they all have an agenda that they push. I was just suprised to see a good piece for once on there. You waste your time here so why not watch the video? Sorry I didn't link a Huff Post article for you.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

I enjoy wasting my time here. I don't enjoy listening to Stossel, he's been annoying since his 20/20 days. Give me a break! from that 70s hair

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

The Idaho case is going to the USSC.

In a nutshell...a couple buys a piece of property in a subdivision. Part of the land is flooding due to the fact a drainage ditch was blocked at a bridge from fallen lumber. Couple ask local/state to clear obstruction. The state says they are backed up and can't. Husband says he can clear it. State says go for it. He clear obstruction and water recedes and state clears the property for building and approves foundation at inspection. EPA comes in from an anonymous tip stating the couple are building in a wetland area, despite the fact video/phote evidence of the owners digging over 8-10 ft to build a well on the property and still not at the water table.

Not typing anymore on this, but it will go to court. EPA has unlimited resources to block people and fight them in court...

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

So it sounds like something is tied up in court and not yet finalized but proof that the government hates you?

#15 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

I had a neighbor call the cops once when I was in high school because my car was parked on the side of the road in a very rural neighborhood at my parent's home. Partially in the grass, partially in the road and easy to move by.

The cop kindly asked us to move the car but didn't say we had to.

People are just strange these days and it's rooted in the idea of big government. In a simpler society they'd just come knock on the door and voice their complaint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com