Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama admin having to admit waterboarding worked?

101 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If I had a suspect in detention, and I found out later on that he had information that would have prevented a deadly attack, I would feel guilty if I hadn't used every method at my disposal to obtain the information.

Posted · Report post

No question those methods worked...And they must not be too unbearable if you can take it 288 times. Obama will continue to undermine our security by buddying up to bad guys throughout the world.

Posted · Report post

I love America. I hate Obama.

Posted · Report post

No question those methods worked...And they must not be too unbearable if you can take it 288 times. Obama will continue to undermine our security by buddying up to bad guys throughout the world.

[ame]

[/ame]

you sick fug

Posted · Report post

waterboarding works when the person is convinced you will kill them with it.

to convince someone of that, you have to kill someone with it.

Posted · Report post

Guy on O'Reilly last night said that torture only works when you have someone that you KNOW has information you need. Names. Places. Times. Otherwise the person can just tell you anything. But apparently waterboarding prevented another 9/11 (in Los Angeles, per Karl Rove).

Posted · Report post

Or he was watching 24.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, torture is absolutely fine for us to do as long as it works.

Good lord look what we have become.

Posted · Report post

(in Los Angeles, per Karl Rove).

Well then, that settles it.

lol

Posted · Report post

Yeah, torture is absolutely fine for us to do as long as it works.

Good lord look what we have become.

Torture one Al Qaeda member to save a thousand. I would say that is merely common sense. In a few rare cases, the ends justify the means. And yes, I am a moral relativist.

Posted · Report post

Torture one Al Qaeda member to save a thousand. I would say that is merely common sense. In a few rare cases, the ends justify the means.

On the surface I would tend to agree with you on this, but the problem is that once the pandora's box on torture is open, you can't close it. It has opened our troops up to MORE torture in the hands of our enemies and we can no longer take the high moral ground in regards to this issue.

I know, the argument is that our troops and citizens are already tortured, beheaded, etc. by groups like Al Qaeda, but why should we stoop to their level? It does suck that we can't repay them in kind, but vengeance is not a good reason for torture either.