Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolinarolls

Agreed

78 posts in this topic

Yep sucks. Gotta go to the doc tomorrow to get some antibiotics.

It's not Duke's fault that Ohio State keeps losing or that UNC couldn't close a game. There is more parity in basketball and the top teams are closer to the rest of the bunch. If other teams would take care of business, there would be no opening. If Tyler Zellar could get a hand up, perhaps the rankings would be different.

If UNC can beat Duke and win the ACC Tourney, they have a good shot at a number one seed.

The associated press, coaches poll, and CBS rankings all agree Duke is currently a number one seed. That's mostly been the case past years as well. Duke has been consistent the past few years and have won a lot of games. Not sure what you're gripe is.

Also, if another team has injured players in the tournament, that is outside of Duke's control. The top 25 is filled with teams having 4 or more losses. UNC lost to FSU as well. This article is nothing but drivel.

Duke's RPI is 4th and their SOS is third. They've also beaten MSU and UNC who trail them in the rankings.

Post pretty much nails it. And i'm a huge UNC homer.

Are we really still discussing how the 2010 Duke team was an un-worthy champion?

Chris Webber says hi!

There good fortunate includes BEATING unc, mich st, and kansas all in the top 8 yet Lunardi has Kansas and MSU as the remaining 1's last week. Tell me who msu beat outside the Big 10? Florida st is the only decent team they beat. Duke Unc series winner (if it goes 3 games) should get a one seed because they played and beat good teams. If Duke gets a one seed they will not have backed their way into and neither will UNC. it will be earned. It is impossible for Carolinarolls to give Duke any credit. Other holes fans should be embarassed. If he was a blue devils fan id be ashamed

fify

It wasn't that 2010 Duke got a number one seed that pissed me off. It's that they got by far the easiest bracket when Kansas and Kentucky had separated themselves that year (much like Syracuse and Kentucky this year). Duke got an imploding Villanova team as its two, Baylor as its three and Purdue (which just lost Hummel) as its four. I mean come on. Somehow UK got stuck with West Virginia as its two. It didn't pass the smell test when they announced it, and sure enough Duke not only coasted through its region, but got a West Virginia team that hadn't hit threes all year but came in thinking they could because that's how they beat Kentucky.

And by got by you mean smashed? Carolina beat a weak mich st team in 09 whats your point. Ill check and see the rough road unc had to that championship.

And by got by you mean smashed? Carolina beat a weak mich st team in 09 whats your point. Ill check and see the rough road unc had to that championship.

No game within 12 points in the tournament that year. UNC was by far and away the #1 team in the country no doubt. To argue otherwise in 09 is absolutely retarded.

Hmm im looking to see why unc didnt make a run to stop duke in 2010????

Duke played 2 close games in 2010 beating baylor in Texas and Butler in Indianapolis. Both were true road games and baylor was supposed to be Dukes undoing because they were so much more athletic

I am not blaming refs to clear it up. There are horrible calls in every game going both ways. There were some that aided in that comeback that were pretty terrible though (tough luck is all it is) and they were mentioned ad nauseum throughout he media reviews.

Facts are Facts.

Please don't jump to conclusions all the way to "another holoe fan blaming the..."

the comeback was short and furious as well as aided by some, how should I say, inoportune whiffs by the zebras. Then, the miracle shot for a one point victory.

There are no sour grapes here about the loss. We deserved to lose a game we dominated and gave away. It just happens that that game and the circumstances surrounding the loss seemed to fit right in to the rest of the article. Maybe that is why the author mentioned it as well.

As I said already, nobody came away from that game and could honestly state that the better team won without crossing their fingers behind their back. And the collective contests since then have done nothing to change that assessment.

This one should go a long way to prove that if in fact it is true. We will see.

Miracle shot Lulz, the guy hit 6 3's in the game, I could see if one of the Plumlee's hit a 3 it would be a miracle shot but there was nothing miracle about the shot that buried unc and ripped their hearts out of their chest by Rivers.