• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

The only reason that the Duke fans were taking about officiating was because one of your fellow Carolina fans tried to blame the officiating for the fact that Carolina lost to Duke. A few Duke fans had to subsequently show him how retarded such a notion was, not only for this game, but for Carolina in general. This is why I said you took things out of context, because you did.

Very nice post, it's sometimes hard to deal with unc fans since 90% of them are irrational. They don't like to use facts or stats they just repeat what they hear on sports talk radio from other irrational fans or they read someones blog and they take that as fact. Then if all else fails they start name calling, which is very mature. I know some very rational unc fans but they are far outweighed by the irrational ones. I actually have a friend who is a unc fan that believes unc has played a tougher schedule then Duke, you can show him the numbers all day long but he has his mind made up that unc SOS is tougher. This friend has also disappeared since the first Duke vs. unc game, he no longer post on facebook or calls me on the phone talking trash but I am sure that will change if unc actually beats Duke on Saturday night. Sorry I started to rant but like I said very good post and you explained yourself very well now let's see how the heels fans want to spin it.:D

#77 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

The only reason that the Duke fans were taking about officiating was because one of your fellow Carolina fans tried to blame the officiating for the fact that Carolina lost to Duke.

Nope, they always bring this crap up just as much as UNC fans.

A few Duke fans had to subsequently show him how retarded such a notion was

Who are these few?

not only for this game, but for Carolina in general

Meaning?

This is why I said you took things out of context, because you did

Definition of CONTEXT

1: the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning

2: the interrelated conditions in which something exists or occurs : environment, setting <the historical context of the war>

Seems like you have been contexted :eek:

#78 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Very nice post, it's sometimes hard to deal with unc fans since 90% of them are irrational. They don't like to use facts or stats they just repeat what they hear on sports talk radio from other irrational fans or they read someones blog and they take that as fact. Then if all else fails they start name calling, which is very mature. I know some very rational unc fans but they are far outweighed by the irrational ones. I actually have a friend who is a unc fan that believes unc has played a tougher schedule then Duke, you can show him the numbers all day long but he has his mind made up that unc SOS is tougher. This friend has also disappeared since the first Duke vs. unc game, he no longer post on facebook or calls me on the phone talking trash but I am sure that will change if unc actually beats Duke on Saturday night. Sorry I started to rant but like I said very good post and you explained yourself very well now let's see how the heels fans want to spin it.:D

http://www.cbssports...ings/rpi/index1

Right... lets rank teams by SOS, MSU would be be 1st and UConn 2nd and Georgia would be 10th with a losing record. What facts or stats would make someone resort to name calling? :D

http://www.carolinah...tml#post3595056

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.