Photo
- - - - -

Brockers vs Poe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#136 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Nobody should take any of this stuff personal.

Last year I was snatching chumps off Cams back, this is how it is here before April.

exactly a lot of these people were the one saying we shouldnt take cam last year and now is riding on cam's nutt. this goes to say that its just a mock draft. dont come at me like im something. its just what i think. what happens if jenkins turns out to be the next revis. now yall going to ride his nutts n not remember yall were bashing on him today. i love kuechly n would love to have him. im saying i dont see us taking him bc needs on other areas

#137 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

at then end we all just want our Carolina Panthers to WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN! peace out

#138 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't have much of an opinion on the thread subject because I have not done my due diligence in terms of research on all of the DT'S to make an informed opinion.

I am just chiming in because some are all over Carolina Chuck for voicing his opinion, it's okay to disagree with him but don't blow it of proportion when he defends his stance, I don't see him trying to "pick a fight". Its okay to disagree guys but I'd rather someone defend their stance or come off it and admit to being wrong than just not responding at all.

Also, P55 you really peaked my curiousity when you said you think Jenkins is the 4th best corner talent wise in the draft.. who do you think is better??(and no I am not trying to pick an internet fight).

I like Clairborne and Kirpatrick better than Jenkins. Clairborne for his overall ability and Kirpatrick for his size. I would have listed Jenkins third but I have not seen him play and excel in zone coverage. If you are looking for someone who can play man you would put him here or even higher. But if you looking for someone who can play in our scheme which includes mostly zone with some man then I would consider passing on Jenkins unless he fell to the second (at which point his talent is worth taking a chance) and taking perhaps Minnifield given his versatility. He would likely be better in our scheme and comes without the baggage.

But as I said I likely wouldn't take any of them with the 9 pick which almost guarantees that that is who we pick.

Edited by panthers55, 01 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#139 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Actually if we are going to bump threads we need to have the ones about who we think we should take and the ones about who you think we will take. I will be the first to admit that other than newton last year, I am perennially wrong about who we actually take. Like Catman said in another post, when they took Beason I wanted Olsen.

#140 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Actually if we are going to bump threads we need to have the ones about who we think we should take and the ones about who you think we will take. I will be the first to admit that other than newton last year, I am perennially wrong about who we actually take. Like Catman said in another post, when they took Beason I wanted Olsen.

I have been right 3 times I think. Cam. Stewart. Peppers. 2 of those were gimmies. Missed on just about every other 1st or 2nd rounder.

#141 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Actually I think #2 CB is the weakest on the team right now. We have bodies for DT and LB and yes even though Martin sucks at S, he's better than having Munnerlyn start for another year at CB. Basically we have no one to start there. After that, a Martin replacement. He's barely competent enough for me not to call him "no one".

Edited by KillerKat, 01 March 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#142 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

I have been right 3 times I think. Cam. Stewart. Peppers. 2 of those were gimmies. Missed on just about every other 1st or 2nd rounder.

Yeah Peppers and Newton were much easier. As for 2008 I was half right. I wanted Otah in the first, I just didn't think we would trade back in to get him after we picked Stewart. My first pick was Clady but he went to Denver at 13 that year my second choice was Otah.