Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canes fans VS Panthers fans

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's face it....The Hurricanes wouldn't even be around if they didn't win the cup...

Kansas City Twisters?

Posted

Let's face it....The Hurricanes wouldn't even be around if they didn't win the cup...

Kansas City Twisters?

That's not even close to being true. The Canes were doing just fine prior to winning the cup.

Posted

Kansas City Twisters?

Apparently you smoked even more than Mr. Garcia.

The same could be said for that pathetic excuse of a franchise better known as the Toronto Blue Jays.

*In Daffy Duck voice* Of course you know, this means war.... :o)

Posted

Does any other southern hockey team have as good as an atmosphere as the Canes?

Posted

Does any other southern hockey team have as good as an atmosphere as the Canes?

That's like saying Boone has the best skiing in the Southeast...

I just think the whole Raleigh/Charlotte rivalry is simply asinine, and it's all most always Raleigh people trying to stir the pot...and this thread is just another example of that...

Posted

That isn't true at all. If anything, the Raleigh area actually has MORE going on in sports than Charlotte. Charlotte has the Panthers and Bobcats (and a few races a year), while Raleigh has college sports that are HUGE. NC State and UNC both sell out every football and basketball game. Charlotte doesn't really have that.

The simple fact is that the Canes have developed an arena experience that is fun and exciting. The Panthers have a stadium experience that has a great product, but very little extra. The music is terrible, they don't do anything exciting during commercial breaks, etc.

In a hockey game, you have non-stop action between the tv timeouts. In football, you have downtime between every snap, and the Panthers do NOTHING to rile the fans up during that time.

I've been to probably a hundred Hurricanes games and the experience is amazing. When I go to a Panthers game, I have a good time, but quite honestly, I almost enjoy watching the game as much on tv with my friends.

UNC is Chapel Hill =P

Posted

still the triangle....Chapel Hill is to Raleigh as Concord is to Charlotte.

Posted

Hockey is the best game in the world. Fans are die hard. Americans for the most part don't even know hockey exist but the ones that do GO HARD for it.

Posted

If you ever go to a live game...you're hooked.

And that's without goals scored in the final seconds.

Posted

That's like saying Boone has the best skiing in the Southeast...

I just think the whole Raleigh/Charlotte rivalry is simply asinine, and it's all most always Raleigh people trying to stir the pot...and this thread is just another example of that...

Umm. Hate to $hit on your parade, but I live in Charlotte so I'm not trying to stir a pot. Just stating the obvious.

Posted

Why do some have such inferiority complexes....Packman?

Posted

Well 700-800 canes fans met the team at the airport last night. Not a bad turnout.