Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProfessorPeppers

Canes fans VS Panthers fans

49 posts in this topic

If you ever go to a live game...you're hooked.

And that's without goals scored in the final seconds.

That's like saying Boone has the best skiing in the Southeast...

I just think the whole Raleigh/Charlotte rivalry is simply asinine, and it's all most always Raleigh people trying to stir the pot...and this thread is just another example of that...

Umm. Hate to $hit on your parade, but I live in Charlotte so I'm not trying to stir a pot. Just stating the obvious.

Why do some have such inferiority complexes....Packman?

Well 700-800 canes fans met the team at the airport last night. Not a bad turnout.

Ive been to 10+ games on both side, and I'm from Salisbury...def. a Charlotte market but close enough to Raleigh to make trips for games..obviously an open air stadium takes more to get loud and stay loud, but for what its worth, the hockey analyst on VS after game six said "The Carolina Hurricanes have the BEST home ice advantage in the National Hockey League," that's a pretty big statement considering we're not in a typical hockey market, and the Canadians live and breath hockey like we do college basketball. Either way, its comparing apples to oranges. IMO

GO CANES/PANTHERS

Bottomline: The NHL is irrelevant and the NFL is the daddy. Atmosphere or not I want the NFL in my city over the NHL and it's not even close. If given the choice to choose one, there isn't a city in America that would choose the NHL over the NFL.

arena vs stadium....

There you have it

It's a completely different environment and Hockey fans are always Diehard fans.

Like it was posted above Arena >>>> stadium in terms of sound level.

Plus it's playoff time, the best playoff's of them all.

No comparison. Every single person in that arena was into the game and cheering.

I am sure the crowd was rockin' last night. But, you ain't seen nothing yet. I was at Game 7 of the Finals in 2006 when we won it all. I have NEVER seen anything like that night. The sound was unbelievably loud the entire game....and no one ever sat down.

Hockey fans are completely insane....