Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canes fans VS Panthers fans

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive been to 10+ games on both side, and I'm from Salisbury...def. a Charlotte market but close enough to Raleigh to make trips for games..obviously an open air stadium takes more to get loud and stay loud, but for what its worth, the hockey analyst on VS after game six said "The Carolina Hurricanes have the BEST home ice advantage in the National Hockey League," that's a pretty big statement considering we're not in a typical hockey market, and the Canadians live and breath hockey like we do college basketball. Either way, its comparing apples to oranges. IMO

GO CANES/PANTHERS

Posted

Bottomline: The NHL is irrelevant and the NFL is the daddy. Atmosphere or not I want the NFL in my city over the NHL and it's not even close. If given the choice to choose one, there isn't a city in America that would choose the NHL over the NFL.

Posted

arena vs stadium....

There you have it

Posted

It's a completely different environment and Hockey fans are always Diehard fans.

Like it was posted above Arena >>>> stadium in terms of sound level.

Plus it's playoff time, the best playoff's of them all.

Posted

No comparison. Every single person in that arena was into the game and cheering.

Posted

I am sure the crowd was rockin' last night. But, you ain't seen nothing yet. I was at Game 7 of the Finals in 2006 when we won it all. I have NEVER seen anything like that night. The sound was unbelievably loud the entire game....and no one ever sat down.

Hockey fans are completely insane....

Posted

My voice is messed up today from last night's game.

Juicy Jussi!!!

"You gotta be Jokinen me!"

Posted

Well, it's a whole different mentality in Raleigh. The Canes are the only professional club they have there, so ever since they arrived there, they received strong support from the city. It's weird though, because there isn't really a lot of state-wide recognition for the Canes. It's unfortunate, because Hockey is a great sport, and if more people could watch it and get into it, it would be much bigger. The Canes fan base really reminds me of the Charlotte Hornets back in the 90's though.

Posted

Im a psl holder and I can say without a doubt Cane fans are light years ahead of panther fans. I went to the playoff game friday night and never in my life saw an atmosphere like that. The place was just crazy. They were doing all kinds of different chants throughout the whole game and they were sooooo LOUD! The whole arena thing is just a lame excuse by the panther fans because they are jealous by what they have going on in raleigh. Besides, there are 54,000 more fans at the panther games which should more than make make up for not having a roof over the stadium. It was the fans that made that place electric! When I went to the canes game just about everyone at the arena had on a hurricanes jersey. Go to a panthers game and maybe a third of the stadium is wearing panther gear, another third is wearing polo gear, and the other third is wearing opposing fan gear. Its not even debatable! Cane fans are far more louder and far more passionate about their team and they have had it for 3 less years than charlotte has had the panthers. And to the one that said they're only like that because they won the stanley cup, I suggest you get a clue! That place was rocking even before the cup. The panthers were in the super bowl and were minutes away from winning it and the atmosphere at BOA is still the same laid back and quiet stadium its always been. Even had they won it the atmosphere would still be the same. And it has nothing to do with raleigh vs charlotte. It has everything to do with cane fans just being flat out better than panther fans!

Posted

Charlotte fans in general seem to be flakier than Raleigh fans. I mean, put the Bobcats in the RBC Center and I could almost guarantee more fans than in Charlotte

Posted

Ive lived in both raleigh and charlotte. Charlotte is a much nicer city than Raleigh but the sport fans are just terrible unless they're watching cars driving around in circles for 5 hours. They have a LOOOONG way to go before they can match the passion of raleigh sports fans. Its completely night and day.

Posted

Charlotte fans in general seem to be flakier than Raleigh fans. I mean, put the Bobcats in the RBC Center and I could almost guarantee more fans than in Charlotte

You must have NEVER been to a Hornets game (playoffs taboot)

This whole Raleigh/Charlotte rivalry is simply asinine and childish...